Team Captain Kent

Chapter One - Team Captain Kent

"Jenn promise me one thing?" The raven haired boy next to me whispered prodding my side with his finger

"What?" I flashed a quick glance at him before resuming my pre-match mental prep... focus Jenn head in the game head in the game...

"If we win this game you'll go out with me"

"No Albus" I said thorough gritted teeth... Head in the game head in the game...

"Aw come no! It's your last year you have to give me a break some time!"

"I wouldn't count on it" I scoffed losing my self control as I laughed at the kid next to me

"...And now it's the Gryffindors.." cheers erupted from the stands.

Crap... Head in the Game...

"Right team this is it are you ready to whoop some Hufflepuff behind?" I shouted at my team, the cheers around me from my fellow rang in my ears as I kicked off the ground and shoot out into the stadium "Well come on then!" I shouted

"And here are the Gryffindors!! The hot headed Team Captain Kent is out on the pitch look at her go..."

*PAUSE*

This is probably a good enough time as any to introduce myself, I'm Jenn Kent. Seventh year. Capitan of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Chaser. Half-blood. Best friend of Rose Weasly and James Potter. The boy who just asked me out, again, is his little brother Albus Potter a fifth year.

But we'll get back to that, right now there is more important stuff happening namely Quidditch

*PLAY*

"... and following our captain is the best Gryffindor seeker since his old dad Potter..." Albus did a victory lap and did a loop right over the heads of the Gryffindor supporters causing more cheering "...following the seeker are the chasers Pattison and Potter who along with the Captain make quite a force to be reckoned with..." James and Michael joined me as we zoomed around the pitch. The sky rumbled and I looked up the gray clouds were not welcome

"Nice day for it" Michael commented glancing up at the sky.

"... Next on the pitch are Gryffindors beastly beaters Weasly and Weasly these two have tempers to match their flaming red hair and wicked arms..."

Rose and Fred flew on to the pitch their bats raised and faces fierce

"...and finally Gryffindors very own teen heart throb, calm down girls! Its Malfoy! this kid can catch anything and it's come in handy off the pitch too as he catches the whining girls who fall down at his feet when ever he brushes past them in the corridor..."

"Lee this is not relevant to the game" Came the scolding voice of professor McGonagall through the commentators mike

"Background information Professor it's all relevant" Came Lee Jordan Jr. response

"...And back to the game where was I?... oh yes! Malfoy the tall sexy... just kidding professor... anyway Gryffindors keeper Malfoy completes the Gryffindor team... the team get in to their starting positions..."

I flew to the middle of the pitch as I whizzed past Scorpius I heard him mutter something about how he was going to throttle Lee. I smiled and landed at the pitch centre ready to play a mean game of Quidditch. Not that the Hufflepuffs were hard to beat lets face it their push over's but I like to look at every game the same that means no matter who we are playing we take the game seriously and we win. And if we are against Slytherin a few broken bones on their side would not go amiss. I faced Louis Gott the Hufflepuff captain and smiled, I knew it wasn't a friendly smile from the look on his face on of pure terror. 'Oh be afraid be very afraid Gott cos my team is about to beat your sorry little tosh'

"Captains shake hands"

I stuck out my hand and shook Gotts. Then turned my back on him and kicked back into the air I span to face my team looked at each determined face and nodded, I raced into my chaser position next to James and Michael. The whistle bless and we were off.

"and there off... Potter has the quaffle he passes it to Pattison who doges a bludger from Hufflepuff beater Ring and passes to Kent who shoots and scores. 10-0 to Gryffindor! Hufflepuff Smith has the quaffle he's heading for the Goal and... Yes Malfoy catches it with ease! Ha take that Smith..." "Lee" McGonagall scolded "Sorry professor... and Weasly passes the bludger to Weasly.. the other Weasly I mean. God who can keep track of them they bread like rabbits...sorry professor...and Weasly whacks the bludger at Hufflepuffs Hodge and it hits him in the back oh that's gunna leave a mark and Kent has the quaffle again she shoots she scores 20-0 to Gryffindor"

The crowd erupted in to cheers as I high fived James

"Hodge has the quaffle passes to smith who shoots and Yes another save from Malfoy! Meanwhile no action with the seekers they better hurry up it looks like that cloud it getting darker"

I looked up he wasn't kidding "Watch out Jenn" CRACK "oh close on there come on that bludger nearly hit you get moving" Rose has just hit and nicely aimed bludger as it came barrelling towards me "Thanks" I called out to her and speed off to join James where he was weaving in and out of the Hufflepuff players

"hey give it here" I called and he passed it to me I put on a stupendous spurt of speed and raced toward the Goal

"She shoots she scores! 30-0 no one can stop that girl! And she has the quaffle again I don't believe it she scores! 40-0 to Gryffindor! And I can't believe it potter has just dive to the ground look at him go Hufflepuffs Jeffery has only just caught on... took him long enough he was never the brightest bulb in the pack... and potter is still in the dive he must be 30ft from the ground no 20... 10...8...6...5...3ft from the ground! Are you crazy Potter pull up UP! This is unbelievable the whole game stops as the players watch as Potter plummets toward the earth even Jeffery has pulled up and is watching! And OH BLOODY MERLIN I DON'T BLIEVE IT HE HAS IT! POTTER HAS THE SNITCH!! GRIFFINDOR WIN 190 points to 0!! As potter pulls up from that dive which I'm sure will go down in Hogwarts Quidditch History his team ambush him in a hug"

I hugged Albus and cheered along with the rest of my team and the red and gold clad supporters in the stands. "Does this mean you'll go out with me Jenn?" Albus asked face full of mischief

"Never potter, sorry" I said punching him on the arm and hugging Rose.