Gray Eyes Meet Green Eyes

"Albus knees in, think air line; James more speed, I want you flat on that broom; Fred more anger, imagine the bludger is me; Scorpius all hoops, cover all hoops!" I shouted at my team members as they whizzed around me, occasionally giving me death glares as I commented on their play I didn't have time to be worried about my team liking me I had a game against Ravenclaw to win and I still have to do that essay for charms... Merlin a holiday would be nice... "Knees in Albus you look like to are going to the loo... come on!" I shouted at him as I flew past I had the teaming doing drills over and over, and they were better then I was saying, but I don't want them to become complacent if they think there is room for improvement then they will improve. As my team continued their practise I thought about the last few days, things with Scorpius hadn't been as awkward I feared they may be. Things were just the same apart from the secret glances that we shared these did not go un-noticed by Rose who winked at me whenever she noticed.

"Okay everybody inside" I yelled I flew towards the ground and landed lightly on my feet Scorpius landed next to me

"Jenn you are such a slave driver" he moaned rubbing his hands together to try and warm them up it was late October and the air was starting to get colder.

"Maybe but I am a slave driver that gets results" I say grinning at him "we are going to thrash Ravenclaw" as we walked into the changing room I took my place on the bench and my team gathered around me.

"Okay then guys just a few points James you need to keep an eye out for possible passes that goes for Michael and me to. Rose, good aim you nearly knocked me off my broom but it may not be the best idea to aim bludger at your captain." I raised an eyebrow at her and she blushed... "I miss nothing Miss Weasly.  Scorpius I'm not sure what's distracting you so much" Rose coughed I ignored her "But you need to sort it out before the match. Albus remember to keep your bloody knees in you have far less agility when then are in next to the handle. But overall guys I think we are going to beat Ravenclaw easy the difference between a win and being the best team Hogwarts has ever seen are those little things"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As I sat in the library that evening finishing an essay for charms my mind wandered towards Scorpius. Would me and him being together be right? ...and I don't mean right as in is it right to burn puppies? I mean as in is it right to think this much about starting up a relationship, make sense? No? Join the club... I though back to what I could remember of the evening on Scorpius bed. he had said he like me and I said I liked him to but what sort of like was I talking about here... god I sound like a first year... so now the dreaded question do I "like" him or "like like" him? ... If you are half as confused as I am right now you are doing well... anyhow in answer to my question... thinking about it now completely sober and on my own in the library being with Scorpius just didn't feel normal, I was scared by the idea that this boy I had know for so long could confuse me so much and fear is never good right? No me and Scorpius shall remain friends. Maybe Roses top notch psychic skill will be wrong. As I sat thinking about very important stuff such as the colour of Scorpius hair... blond or silver... I heard a tapping on the window next to me I looked over to see Boris sitting on the out side window ledge I opened the door and let him in.

"Boris what are you doing?" he held out his leg and I took the letter

Dear Jenn

Meet me in the kitchens at 7 tonight

Scorpius

Xx

I looked down at my watch 7.05

"Boris you fatty I'm late what I told you about delivering your letter before snacking" I said whilst shoving my stuff in my bag "Rose never has this problem with Freya" I mumbled as I ran quietly out of the library and down to the kitchens. Scorpius was leaning against the wall next tot the painting of the fruit bowl.

"Oh Merlin sorry I'm late Scorpius" he smiled at me "Obese owl" I said in explanation

"That's okay" he said

"Good, so where do you want to go to talk?" I asked

"I was gunna say we could go for a walk in the ground but it's raining Nargles and Helpies out there" I looked out the window he wasn't kidding it was chucking it down,

"Well the giant squid seems to be enjoying it" I said gesturing to the lake where an enormous squid was bobbing around in the water waving its arms around. "We could just walk around the castle?" I suggested, he nodded and we set off towards no where in particular.

"So what are we going to do?" Scorpius said he sounded nervous and hesitant

"About what I asked

"us" was his reply I looked up at him and he looked away focusing instead on the sways forest outside. I followed his gaze

"oh right" we stood in silence for a while before I took a breath and tuned away from the window and pulled Scorpius to face me "Scorpius if we are going to become 'us' then I don't want it to be like this" I said he looked confused

"What do you mean?" he asked

"We are going about thing like it's some sort of contract" i looked up into his gray eyes but he wasn't looking at me "if it was meant to happen then it would without us having to figure out the terms and conditions."

Gray eyes meet green eyes, and something broke between them.

"If that's how you feel" he mumbled dragging his eyes away from mine and turning to walk away.

"Scorpius wait" I called grabbing his sleeve "Please let us be friends?" I asked

"Sure" he mumbled, I gave him a quick hug and whispered "thanks" into his ear. When I let him go he almost ran away from me. As I watched him walk away my heart ached a little bit more with every step he took... just friends... where we belong... then why do I feel so stupid for letting him walk away... I must like him... oh crap... well done Jenn fine fucking mess you've got you self into.