Philosophy for Pure-Bloods

Hermione had been excited, but apprehensive about their Apparition lessons. The instructor, Wilkie Twycross, was a small, colourless wizard, whose age could not be determined, but looked as though a weak wind could blow him away. She was so engrossed in his speech that she only noticed Harry moving when the Heads of Houses began chivvying students into line.

"Harry, where are you going?" She demanded.

The irksome boy ignored him, and continued on his path to Draco. Hermione didn't understand his obsession with him. I mean, if Draco really was a Death Eater, and Hermione knew he wasn't, would you really want to be creeping up on him and spying on his conversation? It was poor sense. Forcing Harry out of her mind, she focused on Twycross' words and considered that she'd felt a small tingling of something, when she tried to Apparate, but nothing more.

*

"How did you do?" Hermione heard Ron asking Harry at the end. "I think I felt something the last time I tried – a kind of tingling in my feet."

Hermione was so irritated with Ron at the moment that she stalked past him, making sure to have her comeback ready.

"I expect your trainers are too small, Won-Won," she snapped, smirking.

She heard a quiet chuckle from beside her, and turned to see Draco there. When he saw her looking, he immediately riveted his attention back to Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle.

"I'm going to the Charms Classroom. Don't interrupt me or you'll have hell to pay," he ordered and, without waiting for a single grunt of acknowledgement, strode away, with Hermione following as discreetly as she could.

*

"Feel anything?" Asked Hermione, barging into the classroom, and dumping her bag on one of the desks. Draco stood by the window in silent contemplation.

"A tiny spark," he shrugged. "And my shoes fit perfectly well, thank you."

Hermione laughed.

"I felt some tingling, but I do need new boots. For God's sake, how were we meant to do that?"

"God?" Draco questioned, confused. "Who's God?"

Well," Hermione began explaining, "in monotheistic religions, such as Christianity, you worship one God. One of the laws in that religion is not to say the Lord's (God's) name in vain. Unfortunately, for Muggles and Muggleborns like me, swearing and saying His name in vain, tends to be a habit."

"So, he's a bit like Merlin?" Draco tried to understand.

"Well, yes," said Hermione, "and no. We know who Merlin was, and what he did; what he looked like. We were all made in the image of God but we don't know what He looks like."

"If Muggles worship this great 'God'," Draco said slowly, "who do wizards worship?"

"I think you already know the answer, Draco," Hermione replied sadly. "The prejudiced worship Lord Voldemort, while the proud fight against him. There is no win for wizards. Even if we do know what Voldemort looks like."

Draco nodded his head. Hermione's words seemed to have made him vulnerable; their truth was unmistakeable. There was no win for wizards or witches.

*****

A.N. This is one chapter which I had half planned - Draco was always meant to ask about God, and I needed an intro to that, which is what Apparition is.

Next: Ron gets poisoned and Hermione gets confused.

Thank you for reading, and PLEASE COMMENT; I need all the help I can get.

The Purist / DRAMIONE (COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें