Obvious Obsession

Hermione couldn't believe how long it had been. She hadn't spoken to Malfoy in what seemed like centuries. Christmas had been and gone. In addition, she was also avoiding Ron, and this had a huge impact on her life. She was missing Malfoy, avoiding Ron, and ignoring Lavender. Harry was almost the only person she could turn to. And she couldn't even tell him about Draco, considering Harry had the most enormous obsession with the blonde-haired boy.

"Don't you think_?"

"_he was pretending to offer help so that he could trick Malfoy into telling him what he's doing?"

"Well, yes." 

What else did Harry think Professor Snape was doing? He was a teacher, for goodness' sake. He would've been fired years ago if he was still working for Voldemort.

"Ron's dad and Lupin think so. But this definitely proves Malfoy's planning something, you can't deny that."

"No, I can't." But it didn't have to be anything sinister. Hopefully.

"And he's acting on Voldemort's orders, just like I said!"

"Hmm... did either of them actually mention Voldemort's name?" Hermione was beginning to have doubts, but she wouldn't let Harry know that.

"I'm not sure... Snape definitely said 'your master', and who else would that be?"

"I don't know. Maybe his father?"

Oops. That was a massive hint, but maybe Harry wouldn't notice it...

Minutes passed, as Harry and Hermione discussed the issue of Fenrir Greyback.

"It's pretty suspicious. Unless..."

"Oh, come on, you can't get round this one!" Yes, she could.

"Well... there is the possibility it was an empty threat."

"You're unbelievable, you are. We'll see who's right... you'll be eating your words, Hermione, just like the Ministry."

Oh God, she hoped not. Not Draco. Not the Death Eaters. After everything, she couldn't face it.

*

Draco had been on his way back from Charms when he found himself in a corridor with Hermione Granger, of all people. She strode towards him, not even glancing in his direction and then, as she passed him, she grabbed him by the elbow and pulled him through a door nearby.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded, staring at the girl with the most hate he could muster. "And why are we in a girls' bathroom, for Salazar's sake!"

"It's Moaning Myrtle's; no-one ever comes in here," Hermione replied quietly. "Not unless they're composing a concerto of crying. I have some questions for you. And you're going to answer them."

"Of course not!" Draco exclaimed. "How stupid do you think I am? If you think I'm going to stand here and be your interviewee, then you need to sort out your priorities!"

Hermione's nostrils flared like McGonagall's, or it may have simply been his imagination, but then the door slammed shut. He tried the handle – it was locked, as he suspected.

"One word: why?" Draco questioned. "Why do you need me at your disposal?"

"I need to check something," she replied mysteriously.

And before Draco could do anything, she jumped forwards and pulled up his sleeve. Staring down at his bare arm, she gasped in shock. For there was not what she had expected to see.

*****

A.N. Don't worry, guys - the ship has returned! Sorry for the rubbish title, it's one of my worst, I know. Along with the chapter.

Thank you for still reading, and PLEASE COMMENT! Honestly, I will try and update more if you do.

But, obviously, if you don't want more chapters, maybe communicate that as well... XD