Chapter 13: I'm Losing Myself.

Comenzar desde el principio

“I’m going to miss you too,” I replied. “But I’ll call you every night, I promise. Besides, it’s only for four days, two of which are travel days,” I reminded him, trying to lighten the mood. The corners of his lips rose, making my heart patter the way it always did when I make him smile.

“I know. But I’m still going to miss you,” he informed me. I smiled, thinking he was done, but then he kept going. “I’m going to miss you sleeping next to me at night. I’m going to miss the way you wrap your legs around mine subconsciously in your sleep and the way you nuzzle your head into my chest like a little kitten. I’m going to miss your light breathing in my ear, comforting me when I can’t sleep. I’m going to miss your cute little voice and your adorable face to match. I’m going to miss your laugh and your stress cookies.” I was smiling the entire time, tears threatening to sparkle up in my eyes. It was moments like these I knew I would be with Liam forever, because no other guy would ever be able to make me feel this way or make me believe those words. He made me feel like the most special girl in the entire world.

“We can make cookies the night I get back,” I promised, squeezing his hand and blinking away the tears. He beamed at me and brought our entwined hands to his lips, kissing my knuckles gently. It was hard to believe that someone loved me enough to notice every little thing I do and adore it, and I never wanted to lose that. I never wanted to lose Liam. “And like I said, it’s only for four days, and you get to see me for two of them since two are travel days.” He smiled at me again. We were doing a lot of that.

“I know, I know,” he replied. “But I’m still going to miss you,” he added with a wink. I rolled my eyes, giggling lightly as I chewed on my straw. “Want to go for a drive?” he suggested. I nodded in agreement, throwing away our trash. Our hands connected again, almost out of habit as we reached the car. He opened my door for me and I smiled as I climbed in, buckling myself in as he closed the door and walked around, doing the same as I had. I savored the moment was we pulled out of the parking lot and made our way down the long, grey road that seemed to go on forever, eternally tapering off into the horizon. I needed this feeling, this serene state of calm. Being with Liam like this was the only thing that could calm my nerves, and I would need to remember this moment for when Liam couldn’t be there by my side.

*Michelle’s P.O.V.*

Zayn had his arm around me and I held his hand as Veronica went on about her time in Italy. I was being polite, but that doesn’t mean I liked her. I mean she was nice and stuff, and she was keeping Harry from hooking up with a different chick every night then hallelujah, but she just seemed sort of fake to me. I also didn’t see the chemistry between her and Hazz. Not to mention she kept flirting with Zayn. I guess I’m the only one who noticed, being his girlfriend and all, and maybe I was just imagining it, but she kept looking at him. And it seemed like a different sort of look to me. Plus, she kept going off about memories her and Zayn had from when they met at X-Factor as well. Ya know, good times at boot camp and that shit. I knew I had no reason to be jealous, after all she was with Harry and I was pretty confident that Zayn cared about me, but I still held his hand in case Veronica needed a hint. “Zayn, remember when Harry and convinced you that your water was drugged so you started flipping out?” Veronica giggled, Harry chuckling softly next to her. I’m not sure why that memory bothered me so much, probably because it was a stupid joke that didn’t even seem like it was that funny.

“Yeah,” Zayn laughed. “That wasn’t very nice.” I smirked inwardly at his uninterested tone. It made me less jealous, even though I had no idea why I was even jealous in the first place.

“Well it’s also not very nice to trick people into thinking they missed the group dance audition!” she retorted, sending Zayn and Harry fake dagger. Both of the boys snickered and smirked at each other.