Chapter 1: The Mirror Can Lie

*Haley’s P.O.V.*

I stretched out my legs as Niall, Julia, Megan, Louis, and Jesse piled out of the van behind me. Harry climbed out of his car along with Zayn, Liam, Michelle, and Sydney. “Whoa,” Meggy breathed out in awe. I followed her gaze, looking up at the house with my mouth agape. Mansion or estate would be better words for what we were standing in front of. It was entirely made of glass except for the structure which was a caramel colored wood. The roof was slanted, and it was absolutely beautiful.

“Okay, there are six rooms, so we can do this kiddy camp style with girls rooming with girls and boys rooming with boys,” Michelle cut in, stepping forward, “or we could just room in couples. Oh, and since there’s eleven of us, one person gets their own room.”

“I call it!” Jesse hollered.

“I want to sleep kiddy camp style!” Megan shrilled like a child. “Julez, will you be my roommate?” she asked. Julia smiled and nodded. Even though I was pretty sure she and Louis kissed, they weren’t officially going out. Which bothered me quite a bit.

“Dibs on Harry!” Louis claimed. Harry blew him a kiss and winked in agreement. I giggled a bit. I was glad Harry’s mood was lightening up a bit.

“Well screw kiddy camp, I call Haley,” Niall claimed. I smiled at him, but shrieked as a muscular pair of arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me in the air.

“You have to catch her if you want to room with her!” Lou teased, running away with me and around the house. Niall followed and I yelled at Louis to put me down as I thrashed violently. “Stop flailing woman, you’re going to make me drop you!” he scolded. Just as we reached the backyard, I finally made Lou lose his balance. We tumbled to the green grass, laughing like idiots as we lay next to each other on the ground.

“Are you okay princess?” Niall asked in concern, catching up with us. Just as I was about to reply, Louis cut me off.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He smiled stupidly and I giggled even more as Niall helped me up. Lou got up and dusted himself off. I saw his eyes widen in excitement, and I followed his gaze to the beautiful lake that had a dock protruding into it. Across the water was a large brown house, all of its windows glowing gold.  It was no mansion, in fact it looked a bit more like a cottage, but it was cute, and for some strange reason it was oddly intriguing.

“So I caught her, can I room with her?” Niall requested politely after a moment of staring at the lake. Louis tapped his chin thoughtfully.

“Fine,” he sighed exasperatedly. Niall cheered and scooped me up in his arms, walking me back out to the front. Everyone was taking their bags inside already, so Niall, Louis, and I quickly retrieved ours from the back of the van and headed inside to claim our rooms. We stepped into the ornate living room which had a huge flat screen, plenty of couches, a terracotta style tiled floor, and a plant near the doorway that led to the kitchen straight ahead. There were dark wooden staircases on either side of the room, both meeting up to form a balcony that wrapped around the entire living room.

“Boo Bear, in here!” Harry called from the balcony, waving him into the bedroom behind him. The three of us travelled up the stairs, voices coming from five of the bedrooms as Louis entered the one Harry had disappeared into. There were three bedrooms along the wall that faced the lake, three along the wall that faced the mountains we had just driven up, a bathroom on one side of the balcony, and a room that looked like some sort of parlor parallel to the bathroom. Niall and I took the last available room, the one on the end facing the mountains, and we closed the door.