Chapter 2: Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

Chapter 2: Why'd You Have To Go And Make Things So Complicated?

*Julia’s P.O.V.*

Megan and I were changing into our bathing suits as Michelle ordered. I chose to wear my yellow lace bandeau and Meggy slipped on a floral triangle bikini. Everything was going normally until her next question. “So how are you and Louis?” she teased. I froze for a second, but quickly recovered and went back to tying up the strings on my bikini. Louis and I hadn’t really talked about the kiss in the hotel room that night… I had gone back to my room, fallen asleep, and when I woke up neither of us really mentioned it, we just went back to being really close friends. It seemed as if he had no memory of it, so I just pretended it didn’t happen. So at the moment we were just friends.

“We’re just friends,” I informed her truthfully. I hated that those words came out of my mouth. I longed to say that I was his and he was mine. Megan rolled her feline green eyes at me.

“Yeah, okay. You go on telling people that,” she scoffed, winking at me as we headed downstairs. I saw Louis threatening to squirt Liam with a tube of sunscreen and I felt my heart tighten in my chest as I looked away, pretending to not notice his cuteness.

“As long as it’s the truth I will,” I replied dismissively as we reached the bottom of the stairs, ending the conversation. She gave me a knowing look as we approached the boys.

“Lou, put the sunscreen down,” Liam ordered calmly, as though he was trying to calm down an angry animal. Louis just smirked and put his weapon down. I self-consciously tightened my stomach, and I was glad I did because Louis playfully looked me up and down and winked. I rolled my eyes and grinned, trying my best to hide the fact that I was feeling extremely insecure in that moment. I went to grab the sunscreen, but Lou beat me to it. I looked at him questioningly.

“I can help you with that,” he offered flirtatiously. Why must he torture my hormones? I rolled my eyes and ripped the tube out of his hands, taking care of things myself. I saw Megan smiling at me, winking through the look in her eye as she chitty chatted with Liam. I glared at her for a quick second, hoping that Louis didn’t notice. I felt a sudden pair of warm hands placed on my waist and jumped.

“Race ya to the dock,” he whispered seductively in my ear. He got a head start because I was still trying to sort out my thoughts and emotions, but I quickly chased him all the way across the vast lawn of perfectly green grass, the slight decline of the terrain helping me pick up speed. He was at the very edge of the dock by the time I caught up with him, and I threw myself onto his back as he jumped in, extending my leg out so we hit the water around the same time.

The cold water of the lake was a shocking change of temperature from the hot, muggy August air as it engulfed me. I quickly detached myself from Louis’ half bare body and propelled myself to the surface, gasping for air and blinking as I watched Louis come up from the water. God, he was gorgeous. He looked like a fucking sea god or something, especially when he opened his eyes to reveal the striking color of the ocean. “I totally hit the water before you did!” I taunted, even though I couldn’t really tell seeing as how it only took about a second to splash into the water completely.

“Did not!” Louis shot back like a seven year old. I giggled a bit.

“Yes I did!” I argued, flicking water at him. His eyes widened a bit as his hand flew up to protect his precious face, but his surprise contorted into a devious grin.

“You have no idea what you just started,” he responded darkly. I barely had time to shoot him a confused look before a wall of lake water was shoved at me, catching me by surprise. I wiped my eyes and looked around, not seeing him. Another wave of water soaked me from the back this time. I turned around and sent a bucket load across the side of Louis’ head. He splashed me right in the face, blinding me, and I shrieked in response. “Admit I won and I’ll show you mercy!” he bargained.