Day 2: Content Guidelines & Fandom Tips

Hello, cadets. Today you are not writing, you are being informed on information regarding Ereri/Riren writing. This will help you and hopefully cause you to make some edits on your previous assignment. If you made mistakes last time, that is great! You are encouraged to make mistakes because otherwise, there'd be no room to grow. Not only is writing different than many of you realize, but I'm here to tell you how to fix your mistakes and to use them as stepping stones to be greater! Do you think the author of Organic Cigarettes was always that good? The answer is, they started just like you, just minus a military themed boot camp for writing Ereri/Riren.

Before you start writing full length stories, I think it's important that we all go over the Wattpad content guidelines while writing:

Rating Your Story
All writers are expected to rate their stories as either Mature, or for Everyone, according to the guidelines provided below. If you come across a story that has been rated incorrectly, you can let us know by reporting it (see our guide here). Please note that we will change your rating if it does not comply with these guidelines.

Mature Rating
Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 17 and up. There are restrictions on discovering Mature stories on Wattpad that help ensure they reach the correct audience. A story may be rated Mature if it contains any of the following:

Explicit sex scenes
Self-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders)
Graphic depictions of violence

Prohibited Content
The following guidelines list content that is NOT allowed on Wattpad. This is not an exhaustive list, and we reserve the right to remove any content that we deem inappropriate.

Sexual content on Wattpad
What does Wattpad classify as sexual content?

Wattpad considers sexual content to involve sexual intercourse and other sexual acts, including, but not limited to, oral sex or self-gratification.

The following sexual content is NOT allowed on Wattpad, and will be removed:

     • Pornographic Content - Wattpad considers content to be pornographic when it exists solely for the purpose of sexual stimulation. (Ari: if it has a storyline, it's fine.)
     • Age of Consent - The age of consent is 16+ on Wattpad. Any sexual content between characters must abide by this age of consent and not be in violation of Canadian Law. (So if you have an Omegaverse story, it doesn't matter if the age of consent is 15. Just make the character 16.)
     • Non-Consensual Sexual Content - Wattpad classifies non-consensual sexual acts to include rape, sexual assault, kidnapping for sexual purposes, or sexual slavery. The content cannot be encouraging or promoting of non-consensual sex acts. (Ari: Basically, you can write about Eren being in a very unhealthy relationship with Jean and then gets saved by Levi and falls in love. Make it clear that it's not okay. Please stop fetishizing rape or anything mentioned. It can result in account termination. I myself can't read the content, neither can Jex from Keys_to_Kaleidoscope. Certain fics make me uncomfortable due to past experiences with guys in high school. With the Me Too movement, it's kind of rude. However, you can write what you want, just know I'll never read it or be affiliated with it.)
     • Sexual Roleplay or Messaging -  Wattpad does not permit sexual messages or solicitation. This includes posting content which encourages sexual private messages, on or off Wattpad, or posting rules for public or private roleplay that are intended for sexual purposes.
     • Illegal Sex Acts - In accordance with Canadian Law, any content which encourages illegal sex acts including, but not limited to, bestiality or necrophilia, will be removed.