Chapter 41

Isabella's POV:

I walked forward with my head down, chains on my hands with two guards on either side of me. I haven't seen Harry since they took him away last night, and the only person I was able to talk to was Darla. I haven't even been allowed to see my mother yet.

Darla said that something must be done, that everything my father was doing wasn't right. She didn't have to tell me for me to know that, but I guess she was more speaking for herself. She left me shortly after that, telling me she had someone else to tend too. I had no idea who that was, but I let her leave me alone in the little dungeon my father put me in.

Now, I was being led through the city, people staring at me in both shock and confusion. They were probably wondering why the Governor's daughter was being led through the town in chains. The only good thing that happened last night was that I got a shower. But that was the only positive about being back here.

Still dressed in the clothes Harry bought for me, I am led to the town square, where the gallows is set up for everyone. "Miss, please don't tell me that's for you." a citizen says to me as I walk by, but I just give off a sad smile.

"No, it's not for me." I tell him and he just nods his head, still concerned over the situation. As I stand in front of the gallows, a guard brings out stocks, placing the wood over my head and unchaining my hands, placing each hand into the holes of the wood before locking them together, immobilizing me.

Tears gathered in my eyes as I slowly look up, seeing people gathering around here with wide eyes, not knowing what was going on.

"Why's the Governor's daughter in the stocks?" "When did she get back?"

"What's happening?" "Who's being executed?"

All these questions rang out in the crowd, the murmur of them overtaking the plaza. A single tear fell from my eyes as I saw guards coming from the building behind the gallows, bringing someone out with them.

It was Harry.

He had his hands chained in front of him, and even had chains on his feet, making it so he had to shuffle to walk. His head was down as he walked, ignoring all of the stares and questioning looks he got from the people.

"What's going on here?" another shouted and I grit my teeth together, refusing to cry right now. I knew that as soon as I saw Harry die in front of me, I'd already be a mess. There was no sense in me crying right now, if I was already going to be crying later.

My father stepped onto the platform, creating another amount of chatter in the confused crowds. He raised his hands, making everyone go silent. "We're gathered here today to get rid of a criminal, who has done the King much wrong these past years, and has finally been caught, so that he can be punished for his crimes." my father says and people whisper to one another, trying to figure out who it was.

"Here he his." my father announces as Harry is brought up to the gallows, standing a few feet from my father. Sadness entered his eyes whenever he saw me, and I felt myself beginning to shake. They undid the bonds on his feet and led him to the rope, placing it over his neck.

"And as a punishment, my daughter, who fratinized with this pirate, is going to watch him die. I only see it fitting for her, yes?" he questions and I see the objection in people's eyes, but they stay quiet.

"Executioner, I'll let you take it from here." my father says before leaving the platform, walking down the stairs and heading over towards the side of the gallows, standing with other government officials as he watched what was happening with a smug grin on his face.

 How can this cruel man possibly be my father? I think to myself, looking away from him in disgust. No, he's not my father anymore. I hate him. I hate him!!