Chapter 29

Isabella's POV:

It's been a full week since the whole Drake incident, and I can thankfully say that I have gotten over it for the most part. Harry's been extremely helpful and he's never left my side once, he's always there for me and is always making sure I was doing okay.

He's the real reason I was able to pull through this. I still have the scars from the whipping, but it's faded away and now it all just seems like a bad dream. Something that will never happen again. But now, we've been sailing around the ocean for days, no sign of land in sight.

"Bella!" Harry's voice makes me turn towards him, tearing my eyes away from the beautiful ocean as I stare at Harry. "Yes?" I ask and he runs up to me, a big smile on his face.

"In just a few days, we'll be landing at a sea port. When we get there, I have a surprise for you." he tells me and I raise an eyebrow at him, a small smile appearing on my face. "Okay, what kind of surprise?" I ask with a laugh but he shakes his head at me. "Nope. You can't know. That's why it's a surprise." he tells me with a wink and I scowl at him playfully.

"Fine, fine." I give in and he chuckles, putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me to his side, looking out at the ocean with me. "You like this view, don't you? I always seem to catch you at the railing, staring out at the sea." he says gently and I smile at him.

"I do love the view. I could stare at the peaceful waters forever if I could. You see...I've never been on an adventure like this. This is all completely new to me." I say and Harry has a twinge of guilt in his eyes.

"Don't feel bad." I tease him and he chuckles. "What would you be doing if you weren't with me right now?" he wonders and I grimace. "Honestly?" I ask and he nods his head to me, waiting for me to spill. Letting out a sigh, I decide to tell him what my father was planning.

"I was going to be sent off and married to some noble's son. I can't remember who he said it was..." I trail off and Harry stiffens beside me. "You were going to marry someone you didn't know?" he asks and I nod my head.

"That's my father's wishes. He doesn't care for me, as long as he gets good publicity status and all of that." I say with a slight laugh but Harry doesn't join me. He stares out at the sea, frustration clear across his face.

"I'm so glad I took you away from him." Harry says and surprise flickers across my face. "R-Really? Why?" I ask and he gives me a lopsided grin.

"Because you deserve to marry someone you actually love. And someone who loves you back." he tells me and I give him a big smile, nodding my head.

It's been about three weeks since I've been with Harry, and they just so happen to be the best three weeks of my life. Even with Drake's incident, that couldn't take away the countless times of fun and laughs I've had with these pirates.

It's like I was born to be here.

"Harry, I have a question for you." I say and he nods his head to me, waiting for me to ask him. It had dawned on me that with only four weeks left, there was something inevitable that had to happen.

"When my seven weeks are up and you take me back, if my father has the bounty and he gets you a meeting with the King, what will you do? Because if you give me back, I'll never be able to see you again, will I?" I ask and a small smile grows on Harry's face.

"Pirates tell a lot of lies, Bella. Just because I made a deal, doesn't mean I will stick to it." he says slyly and my mouth falls open. "You lied?!" I ask and he laughs at me.

"I did. Especially now, I don't want to give you back." he says with a shrug and I can't help but smile at him, but the smile disappears as I think of the King.

"What will you do when you face the King?" I ask and Harry just chuckles. "The King has had it out for me for a while now, so a good talk with him won't do any harm. I might even clear my name." he says with a smirk and I scrunch my eyebrows with confusion.

"When we get there, I'll take you with me to the King, and everything will be explained there." he promises and I smile at him, nodding my head and releasing a sigh.

"This is insane, really." I mutter and Harry chuckles. "It truly is, but I'm glad that it is." he says honestly and I smile at him again. Leaning my head against his chest, we stand in silence as we stare out at the sea, the sun reflecting off of the blue waters.

This is so calming, so nice and peaceful. Why couldn't I have been on a ship my entire life?

"You know, I feel as if I was supposed to be here." I say and Harry gives me a smile. "Really?" he asks and I nod my head. "It feels pretty natural to me, honestly. I probably sound crazy right now." I say with a laugh and Harry chuckles, shaking his head at me.

"You don't sound crazy, in fact, I noticed the same thing. You picked up on everything here faster than most of my crew did. You have the pirate's instinct, I guess." he says and I giggle. "That's a good thing though, isn't it?" I say with a wink and Harry's eyebrows raise as he smiles at me.

"Don't go winking at me now, Bella. I don't handle teasing very well." he says and I blush slightly, looking away from him. "I wasn't trying to tease you." I mutter and he laughs, his arm falling off of my shoulder.

"I'm messing with you, Bells. I know that wasn't your intention." he says and I roll my eyes before giving him a playful glare.

"How rude." I say with my hands on my hips and he holds his hands up in mock surrender. "Sorry babe, I can't change who I am." he says, winking at me and I shake my head with a smile.

"You're insane." I say and he nods his head at me. "That I am." he says and I giggle. I was about to say something else to him when a shout cut me off.

"CAPTAIN!"

Both Harry and I turned around, seeing Niall running at us with wide eyes. "What is it?" Harry asks concerned, his playful behavior ceasing. "We've spotted a ship off our left side. It's the Free Heart." Niall reports and Harry's eyes widen.

"What?!" Harry asks and Niall nods his head. "It's coming right up to us. I'm pretty sure they are going to fight us." Niall says and my eyes widen in shock and confusion. What is going on??

"Prepare for a fight then. They'll have to learn that they can't mess with us. Make sure everything is loaded and all the men are to their stations. That's an order!" he commands Niall and Niall salutes Harry before taking off, beginning to tell the crew the captain's orders.

"Harry, what's the Free Heart?" I ask and he grabs my hand, ignoring my question as he tugs me away from the railing, up the stairs to the stern. He looks over the side and curses. Following his gaze, I see exactly why he was cursing.

A huge ship was just a few hundred meters away from us, and it was coming closer. I'm guessing that's the Free Heart.

"Bella, I'm going to have to use your help too, if you don't mind." Harry says and I quickly nod my head. "Of course. What's the Free Heart, Harry?" I ask, repeating my question and he sighs.

"The Free Heart is a ship that attacks other pirates, and so far they've never lost a battle. The captain is a ruthless bastard, to say the least. He kills for fun, and he's the most hated and feared pirate there is. I come right behind him, although people don't really hate me." he mutters at the end and I giggle.

"His name is Jack. Captain Jack." Harry says with a growl and I nod my head. "So we have to beat him?" I ask and Harry nods his head, turning to look at me with a stern face.

"Yes, we have to beat him. Or this may be the last fight of our lives."

Just when you thought it was getting peaceful xD Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Please continue to Comment and Vote please, I love hearing your feedback!! x