Chapter 31

Isabella's POV:

My eyes were wide as I saw portions of the Free Heart explode, pieces of wood and even a few people flying off the boat from the explosion. Pained screams began to fill the air before they were replaced by a roar of outrage. The Free Heart's crew obviously didn't like us attacking them first.

"Prepare for a full takeover, don't let your guard down!" Harry shouts, warning his men as the Free Heart continued to come closer to us, so close that I could see every single person on that ship. One man stood out from the rest, standing at the front of the ship with a leg perched up on the railing, his hands curled into fists at his hips and his face glaring at us.

"Who's that?" I ask and Harry glares back at the man, not intimidated by his glare. "That's Jack." Harry growls angrily, watching as the pirate captain smirked as he saw us, a dark gleam in his eyes. Harry may not have been intimidated by Jack, but I sure was.

Jack looked to be in his late 20's at most, black hair that was over his ears and grey colored eyes. I was about to ask Harry something when something exploded on our ship, making me stumble backwards, almost falling until Harry grabbed my hand, steadying me.

"Fire again!" Harry shouts and I look off to the deck, seeing Harry's men stumbling back to the cannons, filling them quickly before looking up at Harry for a signal.

"FIRE!" Harry yells, and once again the air fills with the loud boom of cannonfire. More of the Free Heart explodes, taking a lot of damage from our attacks. My eyes widen as Captain Jack says something to his crew, and the next thing we know, the Free Heart is turning sideways, right beside our ship.

"They're coming over! Grab your swords and be ready to fight!" Harry orders before looking at me. "Stay safe. I may not be able to stay with you at all times, but if you do need anything, just call for me. I will come no matter what." Harry tells me sternly and I nod my head, fear beginning to build up in my stomach.

An idea popped into my mind as I saw the Free Heart's crew throw lines over, beginning to climb across to our ships. Not waiting to see if Harry would agree with me, I sprint down the steps, hearing Harry's shout for me to come back, but I ignored him.

Going to one of the cannons, I heaved a cannonball inside, loading one of them up before grabbing a match to set it off. "Bella wait!" Harry calls but I don't listen, wanting to take part of this fight. I can't just sit by and do nothing anymore, I have to contribute to this ship.

I set off the cannon, covering my ears as the defeaning boom echoes through the air, and I look up, a smile coming to my face as I saw that my plan worked. Half of the ropes that had been thrown across had fallen, the men along with it. They were crying out in pain in the ocean, and the ship had been damaged even more.

I take a few steps back, turning around to see Harry standing there with wide eyes but an angry expression. "Don't just run off like that again!" he yells at me and I give him a sorry smile. "I'm sorry. I...I wanted to help. And I think I did." I say brightly and he lets out a chuckle, smiling back at me.

"Yeah, you did. But don't do it again, okay?" he says caringly and I nod my head with a smile, knowing that he approved of what I did. I look over my shoulder, my hair fanning my face, and see Jack staring at me with cold eyes.

"I'll get you." he mouthed at me and my eyes widen with fear, but I just glare at him, not wanting to show this pirate that I was really afraid. Jack just smirked, a devilish look on his face as more of his pirates began to cross to our ship.

"Bella, come on. We're going away." Harry says, grabbing my arm and leading me away, away from Jack's cold stare and from the approaching enemies. We went back up to where the steering wheel was, looking as some of Jack's crew jumped onto our ship with a cry of battle, running at Harry's crew with their swords raised high.