Chapter 17

Pagbalik ni Albert 30 minutes later.

Agot: (typing on Albert's laptop)

Albert: (pasok ng office)

Agot: (stop typing and look up and then smile at Albert nung makita niya) hi! How's your meeting?

Albert: okay. We're going to have another acquisition project so it would be a very busy months to come.

Agot: (type something then save her work then print it) are your companies not enough you still want more?

Albert: just business darling. (Sit down on the chair in front of his desk and then patong yung feet nya sa kabilang chair and look at Agot) you want us to have lunch? I'm famish.

Agot: aren't you going to ask me first how's my little project?

Albert: what's their reason this time?

Agot: (look at her watch) as of this time your supplies are on their way to the project site.

Albert: (just stare at Agot)

Agot: aren't you happy?

Albert: are you serious?

Agot: of course!

Albert: but I've talked to them just yesterday.

Agot: you just need the right person to talk to and the right approach. (Just shrug) madali lang naman sila kausap eh. Sino ba nakipag negotiate sa kanila?

Albert: si Lorna.

Agot: (roll her eyes) no wonder.

Albert: what does that mean?

Agot: nothing. (Get yung paper sa printer then give to Albert)

Albert: (read the paper)

Agot: I've talked to Carlos.

Albert: Carlos who?

Agot: Carlos your union leader. You really should know all your employees you know.

Albert: (look at Agot) are you telling me you know everyone working in this company?

Agot: (grin) what's the use of being an HR head if you don't know everyone working?

Albert: you amaze me. That's why you are so good with your job. Kahit pa ilang araw ako hindi pumasok I know the office will run smoothly.

Agot: then hire me back. (Smile sweetly at Albert)

Albert: nice try darling but still no. I want you to have as many time for yourself to make up to those times you need to make ends met to raise our daughter. You can live like a queen and not worry about any finances. I can handle that.

Agot: what I'm going to do with lots of time in my hands? I'd be bored to death. Buti sana kung maliit pa sila Alexa so I will have my hands full taking care of her all day.

Albert: then I'll just have to make you pregnant so you will be busy.

Agot: you want to have another baby with me?

Albert: why not? Ayaw mo?

Agot: I want but I didn't realize you want also. But we'll talk about making babies tonight. (Lean forward) we're busy with your project now.

Albert: (groan) you know how to dangle me with your fingers.

Agot: not, if I still don't get what I want. Okay let's talk about this problem with the union.