Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star

Start from the beginning

“Thank you for coming.”

“Aw, why wouldn’t I come?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “I missed you.”

“I miss you too,” I hugged her from the side. “I’m sorry I’ve been gone so much. I love you. I’ll be around more often, I promise.”

“I love you too sissy.”

            Most of us fell asleep during the flight. Maria fell asleep against me, Mom fell asleep against dad, Aunt Demi fell asleep against Uncle David, and everybody else leaned against the person next to them. I felt shaking a few hours later and I slowly opened my eyes.

“Hmm?”

“Demetria it’s time to wake up,” mom said, “We’re here.”

“M’kay,” I sat up.

“We’re going to eat as soon as we get off the plane. Then we’ll head to the house.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

“Can you get Mar up for me?”

“Sure,” I nodded.

Mom walked away to make sure everyone else was awake.

“I’ll get your bag,” Anna offered, “So you can get Maria.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. “Maria? Mar, wake up.”

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me, “D?”

“Yeah,” I chuckled, “It’s me. Want me to carry you?”

She nodded and held her arms open.

I reached over, picking her up, and stood up. Everybody else gathered their bags and we walked off the plane. The airport was fairly empty and we managed to get a ride in two vans to take us to a restaurant first before driving us to our cabin on the beach. Fortunately we are not staying in this town because fans were trying to approach us the entire time we were eating. I felt like I could finally breathe when we rode to the cabin. We haven’t been here in years. I remember how large the house is and I remember how close it is to the beach. The yard is also closed off by a fence so we can get some privacy while on this vacation. It’s also in a somewhat small town so we shouldn’t be bothered. Mar and Dave jumped out of the van as soon as we pulled in. I got out next with Anna.

I heard her gasp. “I know you said this was big, but wow.”

“I know,” I nodded. “My family wanted it big enough so all of us could stay here. We like having our family time because it keeps us from getting too caught up in our careers. It keeps us close as a family.”

She smiled, “It’s really nice.”

“I’ll show you my room,” I said, “and there are two beds so you can stay with me.”

“Awesome.”

“Okay everyone,” Aunt Demi got our attention before anybody could walk inside. “Everybody go up to your rooms and unpack some of your things. We will meet in the kitchen for lunch and talk about what I have planned for the week.”

My family rushed inside and Anna and I took our time walking to my room. My room is on the third floor, but it has a balcony with stairs that lead out to the beach in the backyard. I set my bag on the bed and opened it, taking out my clothes. Anna walked in, looking around the room, before setting her bag on the other bed.

“Whoa.”

“I know,” I nodded, “and we can go out to the beach whenever we want through the balcony.”

“I need to get into your family business.”

I laughed, “Join the club.”

“How did your family come up with the idea to build a cabin in a small town like this?”

“They wanted a vacation spot where they could relax and not have all the attention on them. My mom loves the beach and it just made sense to have it in a small town.”

Anna nodded in understanding.

I heard my cell phone ringing and I took it out of my bag to answer it. “Hello?”

“Hello Demetria, it’s Barb.”

“Please call me D.”

She chuckled, “Right, I remember, D.”

“Thank you.”

“How are you?”

“I’m good.”

“Are you enjoying the sober living house?”

“It’s… interesting. I like that I have more freedom than rehab, but I also like that I don’t have too much freedom. I have to obey their rules and my family’s rules. I like that I always have a therapist or support group there when I’m going through a rough time.”

“I know I haven’t stayed in touch since you left rehab like I was supposed to, but –“

“It’s okay,” I interrupted, “I had to change my number after I had some problems with my old friends. It’s not your fault.”

“If you want I would like to set up a meeting with you.”

“Sure, why?”

“To discuss some details about this transition between rehab and getting back into a normal, healthy schedule to make sure you don’t relapse again.”

“That sounds okay. We can schedule something as soon as I get back from vacation. I’ll be back in town in two weeks.”

“Okay, I can call you then if you would like?”

“Actually, can I text you instead?”

“Of course, I’ll talk to you then D.”

“Bye Barb,” I replied and hung up the phone.

“How did it go?”

“Okay,” I nodded, “She wants to meet when I get back. Patricia and Betty were right; it’s just about seeing how I am. I feel better knowing that. I’ve felt so lost, but it seems like Barb is going to help me with all of that.”

“That’s great.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “but let’s forget all of that because we are on vacation and I am the most excited I have been in a while.”

She smiled back, “I agree.”

I threw my bag on the floor and ran out on the balcony. My cousins, my siblings, and most of my family were already running around on the beach. I laughed and took my shirt off, revealing my bathing suit, and ran down the stairs. I picked up Mar and spun her around. She giggled and I ran with her into the ocean. I think I finally know what happiness feels like.

THE END CHAPTER 11!!

Vote and comment if you're reading! <3