CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Shailene's POV

OMG, really? Have I just said that? No. No, I couldn't. But I did. 

I look at Theo carefully, smiling slightly. His expression is unrecognizable. He is studying my face carefully and with something like... tenderness? I don't know. I am still confused because of what I answered. Well... it is true. I was perfectly honest. Maybe I fit in Candor, after all. I bit my lip and take a deep breath; can't stay here anymore. I need peace and silence for a while, not all the noise in Subway.

"I think I'll go, then. Thanks for paying dinner." 

Theo's POV

It was some deeper meaning in her answer. It wasn't only a joke or something like that stuff friends usually say for fun. I just felt it. I know perfectly well what she meant and understand her puzzled reaction after that.

I look at her running away, always so beautiful. So beautiful. I follow her.

Shailene's POV

I hear Theo breathing right behind me. He's so fast. That's unfair.

"Shailene? Are you OK?" he asks.

"I'm fine." No. Candor no. You're terrible liar, Shailene Diann Woodley. 

"That's pleasant information." He hesitates for a moment, looking nervous. Than he slowly comes to me and smooths strand of my hair from my face. In this moment he looks so calm, so relaxed and happy...

"Look, Shai. My girlfriend is waiting for me in the hotel... I like her and respect her. But I know that this thing between us is so much different from all others friendships and I'm glad about it. We have the chemistry and I feel like my life mission is to protect you and take care of you." he smiles and his brown eyes catches mine. I'm lost.

"Really?" I smile.

"Totally!" He grinns and kiss me on the cheek.

"I'm just not sure about my relationship with Ruth. The thing is... I don't know if I love her as much as she deserves. I did, though, but now... we argue nearly all the time we are togeher. It's tiring, but Ruth is still convinced we can go over it." 

Silence fall between us for a while. I watch him with mix of emotions but don't say nothing.

"We should return." Theo says simply.

"Ok. Let's go."

Theo's POV

When we reach hotel floor where our rooms are, I look at her. Short blonde hair and gorgeous smile in combination with big bright eyes... my favourite view. I'm staring at her for like ten seconds when she turns at me, looking confused.

"Why are you staring at me?" In Shai's tone I recognize that she firstly doesn't realize this is quote from TFIOS. A second later she gets it.

"Because you are beautiful." She winks.

"Very unpredictable answer..." she says and smiles. "So... good night, honey." 

I'm getting once again the feeling that she need my protection. I look at my room's door. My girlfriend is there waiting for me. I turn to Shai: "Good night, Tris." Shailene grinns and kiss me on cheek.

"Be brave, Theo." With this sentence, she disappears in her hotel room.

And I'm going to my hotel room. Be brave, Theo.

So this chapter was a bit shorter but I hope you liked it:-). Don't forget to vote and comment!