Chapter 12

4 years back...

You never know what truly hurts until you sit back and analyze all the things that do hurt.
What truly hurt is the one thing that makes your heart clench tighter. Makes you grunt with pain, most things hurt, but there's one thing that hurts the most.

They were together for a long time. A long time for high schoolers that is over 5 and half years. They started dating when she was in jss1 while he was in jss2 and now he's in 200 level while she's in 100 level. He studied at base university while she's in Nile university.

Her whole high school experience was with "Farhan". She loved him to the moon and back.man, she was head over heels for him. So sweet, so funny and so talented. He was the head boy of the college, every girls dream.

She loved his kisses, his hugs and when he held her tight. He made her laugh more than anyone ever did. That's what she loved most about him. He had an amazing sense of humor. She loved everything that they did together. They had so many great and fun memories. He was the love of her life.

They were always together, always hanging around, they loved each other's company.
Everything was fine. At least she thought it was fine. It was perfect for her. She didn't think they were having the many issues. But apparently he did, he started behaving wired.

He doesn't call like he usually does, he doesn't hang up with her, he stopped picking her calls and texting her back so she thought something was definitely wrong with him.  Farhan was never like this, he loved her so much that he couldn't go a day without talking to her or seeing her. Or so she thought!

It was on a Thursday, after she finished her lectures, she took her best friend "neehal" home before making her way to Farhan's apartment to check on him. Maybe he's not ok, maybe he's sick! She thought.

Farhan's parent lives in Lagos state, he finished his high school in his uncle's house and now he has his own apartment close to baze university.

On reaching the house, she barged into the house without knocking because she thought it was her boyfriend's house, so she doesn't have to knock.

What she saw shattered her. She saw him holding a girl's hands. Maybe her hands and those finger is smaller than her, so he held her tightly. Like he's afraid to loose her.

The way he held her hands, just the way he held Asmau's before. The way he kissed the girl, and she was comfortably sitting on his lap.

"She wished she didn't open that door"

After standing for almost 5 minutes looking at them, she was speechless to even utter a word. This was the man that once told her he couldn't live without her, he'll never cheat on her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her moving closer to her.
She swallowed the lump in her throat, she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Get out of this house, right now" he yelled at her pushing her towards the door.
"Farhan, it's me....farhan it's your asma" she managed to say but it came out more like a whisper with a raspy voice.

"Fuck Asma! As you can see I have a new girlfriend now, I'm done with you, don't disturb my life please or else you'll regret ever knowing Farhan in your life" he gritted and grabbed her arm.

"His new girlfriend" as he said smirked and shamelessly took of her shirt.
"You shameless bitch! Whore! You're a bastard !" Asmau yelled running towards the girl but Farhan quietly grabbed her arm and threw her out of the house.

"Farhan I still love you, don't do this to me, I love you, I can forgive you but please don't do this to me, it's ok to have another girlfriend but please don't throw me away like that, I can't live, please Farhan" she begged crying holding his legs but he jerked his leg and closed the door on her face.