Surah Al Kafiroon (The Disbelievers)

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem 

Qul yaa-ai yuhal kaafiroon

Laa a'budu ma t'abudoon 

Wa laa antum 'aabidoona maa a'bud 

Wa laa ana 'abidum maa 'abattum 

Wa laa antum 'aabidoona ma a'bud 

Lakum deenukum wa liya deen. 

Say : O ye that reject Faith! 

I worship not that which ye worship, 

Nor will ye worship that which I worship. 

Nor will I worship those whom you have worshipped;, 

Nor will ye worship that which I worship. 

To you be your Way, and to me mine.

This Surah was revealed in order to exonerate the Muslims from the Kufr religion. To explain that Islam and Kufr had nothing in common.

This Surah expresses one single subject: Nothing must be worshipped beside Allah.

The Makkah who opposed the Prophet's message use to try to make compromises or deals with him every now and then to change the teachings of Islam.

In one of the attempts, the Quraysh invited the Prophet (SAWW) to worship their idols for a year and they would in turn worship Allah for a year. So Allah SWT revealed this Surah, in which HE SWT commands the Prophet to keep himself away from the idolaters and their false gods.

In this Surah, Almight Allah commands the Prophet to reject Shirk and to affirm Tawheed.

"For you is your religion" means the shirk that you (disbeliever) follow, "And for me us my religion." means Tawheed and Islam which I(believers) follow and I do not reject it.

Prophet SAWW used to recite this Surah in the 1st Rakah and Surah Ikhlas in 2nd Rakah of the Sunnah prayers of Fajr Salah. He would also recite this Surah in Salah Al Witr (In 2nd Rakah.)

It is IMPORTANT to note that Prophet SAWW CRITICIZED IDOL WORSHIP strongly but HE NEVER USED FOUL OR OBSCENCE LANGUAGE. HIS MANNERS WERE TOO GOOD TO ALLOW ANY USE OF RUDE OR OBSCENCE LANGUAGE.