Surprise

I didnt want to get out of bed. I was forced out.
Maxwell literally picked me up by my shirt and threw me on the floor. Some good morning that was. Now he waits for me down stairs with his girl friend that he wants my
"Pathetic depressed ass" as he said to meet her.

I consider just locking my room door and getting back in bed, but I know that my brother would break my door down with no problem and drag me down stairs.

I walk into my bathroom and look at my reflection. My hair is in tangles and longer that normal almost touching my shoulders and my beard is thick and full. The smell that radiates off of me is repulsive. And I hadn't noticed it till now. I turn on my shower and peel of the disgusting clothes that I've been wearing for a few weeks now. I get into the shower that was hotter than I liked but I didn't feel the need to change it. The burn felt good. I need to feel something other than sadness for a change. I clean my body and then I was and detangle my hair with a comb.

After, I turn off the shower and throw my hair up into a bun. I know I should probably shave my beard but I don't feel up to it. I don't feel up to anything. I dry myself quickly putting on a decent amount of deodorant and throw on some fitted black jeans a black V neck, black Nike socks, and some white Converse. I'm not gonna lie it did feel nice to finally be clean. But I still felt the urge to crawl under my blanket and sulk. I grab my phone and put it on the charger next to my nightstand. Then I head down stairs.

"I'm not saying that I don't want to. I'm just saying that are you sure we aren't moving to fast." I hear a woman's voice speak from my kitchen.

"I'm sure baby. I want you to move in with me. I want to wake up next to you every morning" I hear my brother say and I want to laugh. His 20 year old self would be disgusted with what he just said.

I enter the kitchen squinting at the bright sun coming from my large back yard. I feel like a vampire.

"Look who decided to join the party." Maxwell says with a grin. The girl that he was talking to turns around with a smile. My heart skipped a beat. And my mouth opens in shock. The curly hair. The eyes, lips, nose, the chocolate skin.

She looked like a copy of Cherry. Her hair was a bit longer and her body was curvy, but the resemblance was uncanny. For a second I thought that my brother had stolen Cherry away from me. She wore a  short floral skirt and a black top that showed off her chest. Her lips were glossy like Cherries.

"You look...You look like Angel." I say to the women. Something flashes in her eyes when I say the name a quick emotion that I couldn't decipher. But just as it came it disappears.

"You're Shaynna aren't you?" I question. She looks at my brother then to her feet then back at me.

"Nah bro this is Shaylla. Stop looking at her like that too before I kick your ass." Maxwell says and my eyes fly to his then back to his girlfriend's.

"Aren't you?" I ask again. I know that she is.  The names were too similar. They're faces were to similar to just be a coincidence.  This had to be Shaynna. Cherries sister.

"I used to be. I'm Shaylla now. Please don't call me by my old name." She says. My brothers face is laced with confusion, but I don't care about his feelings right now. I promised Cherry that I would find her sister. That is the one gift I ever said that I would give to her and I never got the chance. She deserves this. After what I put her through I hope that I can put a smile on her face by surprising her with her older sister.

"I'm sorry. Your sister told me about you. She says she misses you so much and she understands why you left now. She is so sorry for what she said to you over the phone." I speak to Cherries sister. Her eyes cloud over with tears and my brother looks lost understandably.

"Babe? What the hell is going on?" My brother questions looking at Shaylla. She turns and looks up at him wiping her tears away.

"Remember when I told you that I left my family when I turned 18? Well Angel is my younger sister. I didn't want to leave her, but I couldn't live in that house anymore. She called me a few days after I left. She was so mad at me and sad. It crushed me. I thought that she hated me. I changed my name and moved on with my life." She cries. My brother quickly wraps his arms around his girl.

"It's okay baby. It's okay." He says rubbing her curls back. I've never seen my brother be so kind in my whole life. Even after finding out that he didn't even know his own girlfriends real name he wasn't mad. He just wanted to comfort his girl.

I felt a pain in my heart. I wanted to hold Cherry like that. I wanted to brush her curls back with my hand and tell her that every thing is okay. Tell her that I'm so sorry. Tell her that I loved her. I love Cherry so much it's not even amusing. I've fallen for her so deep I'll never be able to get back up. And if I can't get her back I'll die a lonely loveless man because I don't want anyone else but her.

Shaylla stopped crying and she looked back at me still hugging my brother. She looked so small next to him.

"Can you take me to my sister?"