Chapter 6

....

Jin?

"Woah, what?" I say, not able to process his sentence.

"Your home is here. I'll pick you up and talk to you tomorrow. I promise I'll tell you everything." He tells me.

"No. I'm not LEAVING." I cross my arms and slump back down into the cushiony chair.

I hear Jin chuckle. "Your parents willl be worried. How about we talk later?"

The car stops next to my house. It's late in the afternoon, so I was a little hungry.

"Well, maybe I can text you?" I suggest.

His head tilts to the side in confusion.

"Text? What's that?"

I look at him with wide eyes. "Texting is basically typing on a keyboard and sending a message to anyone in the world. Why don't you know?"

He looks away. "Well, I'm not supposed to touch any of those new-fangled  'gadgets'. Plus, I'm very much older than you. I'm an old-fashioned man."

I take my phone out of my pocket and call mom.

"Hello? Mom? Yeah, I'm outside, but I'm going to take a while longer. One hour. I promise. Yeah, okay. See you."

I cut the call and look at Jin, who seems surprised. "One hour? My my, I have to go back to the palace."

I click my tongue. "Let's go for a drive. I'll teach you everything you need to know about phones."

Time skip. You sat down in a park nearby and taught him how to use a phone. You got back into the car so you could go home.

"Well, thank you for teaching me," Jin says as I get back inside, "But I don't have a phone."

I hand him one of my old pink phones.

"Here. This one is a little outdated, but it has the same qualities. I keep it with me for emergencies."

He smiles as he examines the phone. "I love the colour. Thank you, Y/N."

He starts the engine and we drive home again.

"Hey, Y/N, about my job. I simply don't like being under someone's control. I applied for this stinking job thinking I'd actually be in control of something awesome, but I was wrong. Now, I can't get out." Jin complains sadly.

"Why not? Just say you want to quit." I say.

Jin sighs and shakes his head. "I could. But I've been with Taehyung for so long, I don't want to leave him. He doesn't know what the world is like yet. His parents are ultimately ignorant and they don't care about Taehyung. What he asks for, he gets. That's it. Whether he studies, becomes successful or not, DIES... they just... don't care."

I look at tears glistening in his eyes. I request him to stop at the side of the road, and when he does, he collapses into tears.

"Jin, it's okay. I know what it's like to leave someone alone." I comfort him.

"My dad passed away when I was young."

He looks at me, his face completely pink. "I- I'm sorry, Y/N."

"It doesn't matter. What does is that I move on. Beloved people might not be physically around us." I say, and put my hand on his heart.

"They'll always be in here."

He gives me a weak smile and he dries his tears.

We drive home again. It's silent for a while, and he speaks up.