E P I L O G U E

E P I L O G U E 

“Look at you two; you might as well be married.”

I laugh as I slip onto one side of the bench with Damon, Riley and River laughing at us from the other as Damon carries on refusing to lose contact with a part of me at all times. It makes it awkward in some situations, but I have to say, I miss his skin when it’s not on mine. The only down side is he’s been like it all summer, and the past couple of months we’ve been attending University with Jason, Riley and River too. It’s been the best (about) four months of my life, and though I haven’t completely forgotten Tyler, he’s been pushed to the back of my mind. After I learnt he’d be in prison for a very long time, I realised I didn’t have to worry about him anymore.

All I had to worry about was here and now.

“Give it a week.” River replies to Riley. “And he’ll be down on one knee.”

Riley laughs, “Begging for her to take him back after another one of his mistakes, I’m sure.”

I send them both a glare, “You think you’re so funny.”

“I’m not joking." River’s face is completely serious. “Soon you’ll have a baby in that stomach, and a wedding ring on that finger.”

This time I turn to glare at Damon playfully when I say, “Not until after University, Rigos.”

“So you’re considering it?” Damon replies mockingly, and his eyes light up at the thought. I know he knows the answer to that question, so I don’t even bother replying. We talk about it enough. Though we already have our own apartment, we’d both like a house and some children as soon as we can. We both agreed that it wouldn’t happen until after our studies, though, which I’m grateful for. That’s still another four years to sort ourselves out. I don’t think we’d be able to handle it at all at eighteen anyway.

“Excuse me.” I’m pushed away from Damon, his arm unwrapping from my waist as Jason sits in the middle of us. I groan, and Damon growls. Jason still doesn’t like the idea of the two of us, so he makes it his job to make mine and Damon’s lives even harder than they need to be. “Now, isn’t this cosy?”

Riley laughs, Damon growls again, and River and I just share a look, both rolling our eyes and damning that boy to hell when he dies. It’s then when I have a brilliant idea, and before he even sees it coming, I push him back so he lands on his ass on the floor. His feet stay on the bench, so I push them too, snuggling back into Damon’s side when the space is free for me to do so. He laughs, Riley and River joining in, when I whisper just loud enough for my ears to hear, “Yes, very cosy indeed.”