11| being a child

Last night was an intervention. After Cam confessed to me about her feelings we had the best time; we had a movie marathon, Monopoly, and acted like children to be honest.

I was looking forward to meeting her girlfriend soon. I had visualizing exactly what she would look like from the description Cam had given me.
So far I had imagined she was short, about 5'1" with an athletic type build because she's been playing volleyball since she was nine. I knew she naturally had bone straight, dark brown hair and she recently had died the tips red, orange, and yellow like fire was climbing up her hair.

*****

Today was my only off day this week and I was taking FULL advantage of it. I was sprawled out on my bed in my pink unicorn pajamas just scrolling through Instagram. I opened Snapchat looked at a couple of my friends stories. I added of couple of mutual friends and put my phone down. I stared at the ceiling fan for about three minutes, just spinning. I picked up my phone as I got a notification from snap. One guys I added had snapped me. I didn't really feel like reading it at the moment. I threw my phone back across the bed and sat up.

I was gonna go out.

"Izzy, do you want to go somewhere with me today?" I asked desperately.

"Sorry girl, but my mom and I already have plans."

I had been rejected by two of my friends and Isabell was my last option. It stung even more this time to be turned down for someone's fifty something year old mom.

After laying down and pouting for a few minutes, I decided to just go by myself. After a quick shower and minimal makeup, I slipped on an icy blue shirt with ruffles on the sleeves that I had gotten from Forever 21. I paired it with a simple pair of ripped, dark blue jeans and classic white, high top converse. I gave my a look over in the mirror then headed out the door. I hopped in my car started her up and headed to the one place I knew I could have loads of fun.

Calaway Park. I was literally the funnest place on Earth. Besides Disney World of course. Calaway was a huge outdoor amusement park packed with exciting rides, any kind of food you could ask for, and a bunch of hot guys, if ya know what I mean. 😉 Just because I had a boyfriend didn't mean I can't scope out the nice scenery.

*****

I ride the rides for hours on end. The only time I stopped was to use the bathroom; being upside down, and shaken all around has also made me kinda hungry. I went over to one of the food carts and got a chilli cheese dog, minus the chilli. They're actually really good with just cheese, don't knock it till you try it. I downed the hot dog in less than five minutes. I dusted myself off and stood up to get something to drink. I was walking over to the nearest drink cart when I heard a, "Ping!" coming from my back pocket. I pulled out my phone to see a text from Cam.
"Ill be home later tonight, Jacey and I are going out", with a couple of added winky faces. I smiled knowing my best friend was happy. My fingers moved quickly across my screen, drafting a reply to Cam. "Okay, don't have too much-"

Before I could send my reply, I walked straight into someone who wasn't paying any attention either. I gathered myself and shouted a "Sorry" over my shoulder before scurrying away.

"Cassie?" I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that voice. That was the voice that had threatened to a point of tears. The reason I had the cuts on my arm. The reason I no longer trusted myself, let alone trust him. That voice belonged to my boyfriend. Oliver.

I spun around on my heels and looked him dead in his eyes and told him the three words I thought I'd never be able to say.

"We are over." I turned around and left him standing there, speechless.