Chapter 4

Regal was a sight to sore eyes for sure !! We were seated at the best seat away from the hustle bustle of the restaurant . I felt a little out of place , like somehow I would have preferred a hot dog over this .

Mr. Anand seemed right in place with his crisp slate suite and confident persona . I felt a little skittish though!

As soon as we were seated , the server presented us with the menus and asked us what we would drink . Mr. Anand and me both declined . As I opened the menu , I was flabbergasted by how much food costed in such a place. This was all too much . Sensing my discomfort Mr . Anand said " Feel free to order whatever you like . Don't be shy! "

I just gave him a meek smile and nodded my head . After placing our orders we just sat in an akward silence till he spoke .

"You should think about moving from the area where you stay , it's not safe ." He said well more over stated .

"I like it there . I have a good room mate and it fits my budget ." I said .

" Your safety should be the priority. " he said .

" Maybe after saving up I will rent a better place "

He just nodded and kept looking at me , his dark brooding gaze was making me queasy.

"You will be working as my assistant since tomorrow. Jackson has been assigned other duties . I frankly don't have the time and patience for conducting interviews for the position and as I skimmed  through all the new recruits your previous experience as an intern was befitting. " He stated .

I was awestruck at his offer . Well it seemed like an order . I just kept gawking at him .

"What about my contract? "I asked him .

" As we speak a new contract is being drawn up . You will be released from your initial contract . Don't worry about it . After lunch you can go through the papers in the office . "He said .

"This is all too sudden Mr . Anand" I said perplexed a little .

"Rohit . Call me Rohit . I know it's sudden but we are amidst a good deal . Unfortunately other problems have come up in our London office. So Jackson is temporarily transferred there . I went over your resumè . You had good grades and frankly you are over qualified to work at the position you are occupying at present . " he said giving me a smirk .

"Well , I am glad that you found me capable enough to take over Jackson's position " I said.

"Jackson will brief you about the details . You are expected to join day after tomorrow . You working hours will be longer so.."he was interrupted when the waiter served us the food .

" You were saying ...."

" Oh yeah ... due to long working hours you will be provided an apartment near to my house as well as office . You should move in there tomorrow ." He said as he continued eating his food .

I just continued staring at him . This was really all too much . I composed myself and said . " That won't be necessary I can commute from my apartment . It's not that far . "

" It's in the contract . Jackson had one too and so will you . " he said dismissing the topic . "And it's safer . You will be given a car along with a chauffeur. " he added .

" Did Jackson have that privilege too? . " I asked .

" No . But I don't want you rushing on your own " he said concentrating on his food .

" Well thank you . But I still feel its unnecessary . I can drive well and I was planning to buy a hatchback soon . " I said hinting that I did not need it .

He stopped eating and looked at me . Those dark eyes were furious.

" You will get the car it's final . " he said before continuing to eat again . After our lunch the waiter cleared our plates . Mr. Anand thanked him and he got up . Puzzled I asked him about the cheque .

" I have a tab here .Let's go . You need to go over your contract. " He said .

I nodded and hastily walked towards the exit . I felt his hand on the small of my back .

We reached the office in a few minutes . As we were about to enter the building I asked him " Is it okay if I make a phone call. I nsed to talk to my sister . I will meet up with Jackson immediately after ." I said walking away from him .

He caught my wrist again and pulled me towards him .

" You scared to enter the office with me aren't you ? " he said in a low voice .

" No ..hmm no not at all . I just need to call my sister and fill her in . And there isn't good phone reception inside so I thought ." I said trying my best to explain .

It was a complete lie .I really didn't want to be a part of the rumor mill of the office . Though my sudden promotion would definitely spark up speculations I wanted to prevent it for as long as possible .

He just chuckled and walked away . I dialed Tanya's number preparing myself to a huge amount of squealing.