Chapter 2

I woke up Monday morning at the crack of dawn, excited for my new day at work . I headed straight to take a shower and wash my hair . Humming to a tune I set out a nice power suit with a black blazer and trousers with a pink  shirt . After drying my hair I let them loose and dressed up . Glancing at my watch I realized that I had 45 minutes left . Stuffing all my necessities in my handbag , I dashed out the door. 

Reaching work with 10  minutes to spare, I quickly headed up the elevators and to the HR department. All my documents were checked and I was allowed access to their electronic system. I was introduced to Brian my team leader, who I would be reporting to . A couple of other people joined today as well and everyone was warm and welcoming.

 So I did not even realize when three weeks just flew by. Anne was a real sweetheart and she too was a small town girl from Maine . She was a couple years older than me but we had become good friends in the course of weeks . She was engaged to her high school sweetheart and she was excited as the wedding was in two months.  According to Anne we worked directly under the CEO who was our boss's boss's boss . She did not fail to add that he had a stick up his ass and seldom graced us with his presence . I laughed it off every time she made a horrible face whenever his name came up. 

I began looking at a few apartments last week and a few days ago  I checked out the places I had narrowed down and was elated to find the right one . I would be living with Meera who was a journalist and she worked a couple of locks away from my workplace. Though the apartment wasn't in a great area of New York yet I was in love with it at first sight . It was warm , cozy and well I could afford the rent . When I informed Tanya about my decision to move out and she wasn't happy about it. She did not like the area but I was firm on my decision about moving out . So I began packing up  the process of packing my stuff and with the help of my Tanya and Jai I was going to move over the weekend. My sister still found my decision stupid and rash and I just felt she was over reacting .

Friday was somehow an exciting day at work, everyone was on edge. Anne was biting her nails and skimming through her work files,

"Hey Anne ! What is happening  ? Why is everyone up and about !"I said jokingly . 

"Ana the boss is coming , well rumored to be coming so every one is excited to make an impression . He doesn't usually come here and whenever he does he is like a shark set out to bite everyone's head off . "She said huffing as she rummaged  her desk for a particular document.

"He can't be  that bad I guess "I said settling down in my chair . 

"He is a devil in disguise .Trust me when I say that . Wait till you meet him , you will definitely second my statement "Anne said as she to sat down in her chair finally finding what she was searching.

The day dragged on a little but everyone was disappointed while some were relieved that the boss did not turn up . I was more excited about moving into my own home, so I hardly could concentrate. At night we moved a few of my bags and books. Tanya and Jai both looked wearily at my apartment building.

"Are you sure you want to live here ? You can always stay at my place !"she said with a pout . 

"Oh come on Tanya. Its a great place and I don't want to impose anymore so be happy for me and help me unpack when ."I said laughing a little . Meera wasn't home this today but she had given me a set of keys a day before.

"You know Ana that I am happy for you it's just that I worry about you .And I definitely will help you settle in but remember baby I am just a call away .Oh God I am getting emotional again . "Tanya said trying hard to hold in her tears . I felt so privileged to have her in my life and I couldn't help as enveloped her in a bear hug.