Chapter 5

I woke up to something wet licking my face. My eyes peaked open and I shot up as I soon as I saw shadow! My dog. He was safe and sound.. I hugged him and he wagged his tail after such a long time of not seeing him.

A tear escaped my eye, I was over the moon.

I checked the time and it was 10am.. damn I slept well. I got out of Sam's room and I wondered downstairs checking if anyone was awake.

I saw one person and I tried to hide but it was too late, they saw me.

"Hi! I'm Aaron!"
I got out of my spot and shot him a weak smile and laugh. "Haha sorry I didn't know if anyone was going to be awake, I'm (Y/N)." We shook hands.

Shadow was wagging his tail and jumping up and down all over the place.

"This is Shadow, my husky."

"He's adorable! I have a dog too but she's upstairs sleeping, she isn't usually up early." He replied back.

After that we talked for a while and he gave me a little tour while the rest of the house was sleeping. And then basically everyone else came out of their rooms to greet me. First up was a pretty looking girl called Devyn, she was really sweet and seemed like we could get on well.

Next was Corey, he seemed pretty joyful and he was Devyns boyfriend.

Then Colby, he seemed happy too, to be honest all of them did.

We shook hands and greeted and then Elton. Elton seemed a little older maybe in his late 20s or early 30s but he seemed like a crack head.

Looked like I was going to get on well with them all.

Then of course, Sam. But we had already met. Everyone seemed really kind. I was actually..happy!

For once.

Anyways, the day went by and I pretty much stayed in Devyns room. We had become quite close and she told me all the gossip and told me a thing or two about make up.

We spent the day laughing and of course dinner was hilarious. We all sat at the table and I got to know everyone a bit more. I haven't laughed like this in a while. And I couldn't help but notice the Sam smiles at me. He was quirky and cute... it was kind of mesmerising.

Gosh, what was I saying? Jeez I've never felt like this before.

Dinner went by and the news spread that we would be going out for dinner tomorrow which I was excited for. I've never really been out to eat before.. if my mum was alive we would've been out to so many places already that we would run out of where to go next.

I wish I knew what she was like.

Anyways, I stayed in the guest bedroom or well, my bedroom now since no one else really uses it. I use to have a laptop and stuff, and I needed it but it was at my stepdads. I didn't want to go back there since I still suffered from trauma and my flashbacks would get the best of me.

I knew he was in prison but I still didn't want to go. Plus my laptop and phone were both old and didn't work too well.

It wouldn't hurt to ask Sam if he could get me something right?

See I didn't have any money but I also didn't want to seem greedy.

Oh well, worth a shot.

I got up from my bed and I opened the door but Sam was standing right at the door about to knock. "Oh! I was just about about to come into your room." He said laughing.

"I can see that." I replied with a stuffed laugh

"Well I wanted to ask if you wanted to go shopping. You know, to buy some better clothes and perhaps some toiletries and electronics." Sam said.

"Devyn is coming as well so she can help you pick a few clothes. So, what do you say?"

I laughed "I thought you'd never ask."

"Great! Let's go then."

Me, Devyn and Sam left. First we decided we'd get clothes and toiletries.

Me and Devyn went to different clothes stores while Sam was at the electronics store to get me a laptop and phone.

I bought a few clothes, nothing special. Just some tank tops, jeans, sweatpants and jewellery and some toiletries.

After that Sam called Devyn to go and meet up outside of Gregs. We all decided we were hungry and we all got some food. Me and Devyn got a cheese pastie and Sam got a pepperoni pizza slice.

When we got home I changed into a my new outfit. I wore a dark red crop top with some black sweatpants and I wore my locket.

It was a picture of me and my mother..I always kept it on me. I also bought some makeup so I slapped on some concealer, curled my lashes, put on mascara, blush, vaseline and some highlighter and topping it all of with a spritz of perfume. I was ready. The ends of my hair was still a deep blue. I don't understand why they turned red but or blue, I had no colour in my hair at all.

But perhaps when I'm angry, then the ends turn red.

What am I saying??

Sounds reasonable but it didn't make any fucking sense.

I walked out of my en-suite bathroom and went downstairs.

"How do I look?" I said twirling around in front of Devyn.

"Oh my I love it! So casual but it works so well."
"Aha thanks."
"Wow." A familiar voice said. I turned around to be face to face with Sam.

"You look great." He said

I laughed. " Thanks."

————————————————
What do you think :0

<3