Chapter 3

BEEP.BEEP.BEEP...

"Ugh, where the fuck am I? Wait, am I dead? I can't see a thing..."

"Don't worry, your not dead," a sweet female voice cut you off. I'm not dead? Good enough for me. "Don't worry your not blind, at least I don't think..... We have just covered your body with bandages. That's why you can't see but don't worry you can go home today and take your bandages off as well." The same sweet voice cooed.

This is it. This is where I die. I look around the house knowing this may be my last time seeing it.

Something in the doorway catches my eye.

A silhouette?

Wait, maybe he can do something...but it's too late.

Tears are poring down my swollen eyes onto my hot, red cheeks.

All of a sudden I see a match getting thrown at me...

And then... I'm here. Wow. I almost died, but why did I survive, how did I survive? And I have no where else to stay because no way in HELL I'm going back to that dog who's apparently my stepfather.

Yeah no way in hell.

"Excuse me nurse, can the boy come through?" A male voice says but it sounds like it's coming outside of this room.

"Yes he can" the female spoke cheerfully.

I hear the door open and close then footsteps coming towards me. How nice, I can't see shit.

" Is she okay nurse?" A soothing male voice spoke. The voice was soothing I don't know but it just relaxed my muscles and my nerves. "Yes, she is okay. Do you know her parents or ?.... if you could just tell me what happened?" She asked softly.

"Yeah but aren't the police dealing with that? I'm not related to her or anything. I just saw her get....lit on fire by some man who looked like a druggie and then I just looked away, I couldn't watch.
I heard screams and then I called the police and ambulance and stuff." He said sadly.

I could feel the guilt in him.

"Hey I'm awake ya know, can I get these off now?" I said like a total idiot.

"Oh yes of course you can, let me take them off. You'll probably feel weird because you've been here for 4 weeks" the female voice said who was now who I knew as the nurse.

"What?"

Shocking you know? Well shit, time for the reveal. I could feel the nurse and her soft, gentle hands carefully holding me and helping me to get up.

I was a bit wobbly at first but I got the hang of it, I was in pain but after 4 weeks I'm sure a few of my cuts have healed so I'm pretty sure it's because i haven't moved for almost a month.

I could feel the bandages slowly getting removed. It felt so good, it was just peeling away. She started from the bottom then worked her way up to the top. I had my eyes tightly shut I heard a gasp from the female but none from the male voice. He probably left out of respect. I slowly opened one eye and I winced badly at the bright lights blinding me... what was i going to see in the mirror?

———————————————
Welcome to cringe town

Okay this one isn't as cringe but you know

:0

<3