39- A Fresh Start

Maleeha's POV:

I had apologized to mom and dad after that day and made a promise that I'd never let anyone come in my path to success ever again. Salman was right. They were mad at first but then they accepted my apology with a few conditions. The most important of which, is that I'd never make contact with any of the DhoomBros. It was heartbreaking for me, but I eventually accepted, willing to turn over a new leaf and give my dreams another chance.

I was so adversely affected by my own mistakes since the past 10 months that I couldn't bear to ever suffer the same pain in the future. So for that reason, I deactivated all my social networks and my memorable Zariya public page and all other accounts, with a heavy heart. I might reactivate them someday. But only when I regain the trust of my parents, which is highly unlikely after all I did.

I was still in contact with Nairah through cell, but because of my parents' strictness, I made her swear that none of the DhoomBros ever get my number. Especially Hussain.

The scars he had left on my heart never seemed to heal and I often cried whenever my feelings sucked in memories from the darkest corner of my brain. That one part of my mind which I forever wanted to abandon but couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. That one part, which held all those happy, beautiful, and unforgettable days of my life. I could do nothing but try to suppress my feelings in front of everyone. I was terribly broken from the inside and only people who always stood by me, knew how I felt.

Surprisingly enough, my parents weren't fully aware of the pain I was going through since they never knew about my relationship with Hussain. And now, there was still no point telling them either as 'we' no longer existed. It was just him and I living our own lives, apart from each other. As if we never knew each other.

Wish I knew how he felt after letting me go, though I never had the courage to even ask Nairah about his life and neither did she ever mention him just so I wouldn't feel hurt. Things just went on like that and three whole months had passed in immense pain, just like that.

I was now sitting in my room reading 'The Fault In Our Stars'.

Kuch aise bhi log hotay hain. Jo doosray ki zindagi ke liye apni jaan bhi haar detay hain aur kuch Hussain jaise bhi, jo pyaar ka waada kar ke aik mulaqaat(meeting) mein hi pyaar ka matlab hi dafna(bury) detay hain.

No matter how badly I wanted to cry as I read this heart breaking book, my tears just wouldn't spill out. It was as if I had forgotten that love even had a meaning.

I just silently read through when my parents called out to me.

"Coming !" I yell back, slipping a bookmark in the book, and keeping it aside, I got off the bed and made my way into their room.

"Jee, aapne bulaya?" I smile as I enter their room and sit down on the couch in front of them. Salman was already in the room ready to listen to what they had to say, too.

"Haan, Maleeha beti, aik khush khabri hai." Mom says wearing her evergreen, gorgeous smile.

"Acha ?! Jaldi batayein na, intezaar kis cheez ka?" I say excitedly.

"Imran, aap hi bataayein na." My mom asks my dad and I just look at their beautiful, glowing faces.

"Come here." He calls me over and I sit down next to him and he pulls me onto his lap. I giggle and try not to put too much weight onto him.

"Acha to baat yeh hai ke the company has had a breakthrough in international sales, and has promoted..."

Before he could continue, I scream. "YOU?! Aaaahh!! OMG papa." I hug him tightly but then I realize what I just did.