32- A Sick Joke?

I'd been crying since morning when I found out that I failed my macro economics course. I don't understand how I screwed up everything, despite studying really hard.

Hussain knew of my terrible condition and tried comforting me but in vain. He had gone away, a month back with the rest, on a Yaari tour without even telling me. I know it isn't all that important for me to know everything he does, but he could've at least said goodbye.

Life had now pinned me down several times. I told Mom and Dad about my grades at university and they were very disappointed. Salman suggested I should give a few re-exams to improve my GPA and my parents agreed but I could sense the tension on Mom and Dad's face as to how they would finance one. They were now highly indebted and I felt like a complete loser. A failure.

Mom even asked me if I had any distractions around, like certain people or things that kept me from studying, but I told her that I didn't because I really didn't have anyone or anything to really distract me. I mean Yaari, which was a little bit distracting, had now released so I could concentrate better.

I was cramming for another one of my mid term exams which was really hard but was my only hope of improving my GPA. I had curled up on the floor, with my book in front of me. My window was wide open providing way for freezing winds to raze onto my bones and make me shiver but I was too occupied with my books to even leave my spot to shut it. I was so hurt over Hussain's behaviour and to make it all worse, he's been ignoring me for almost a month now and I've been trying to contact him but he just wouldn't respond. Well, I guess he's just busy with all the Yaari tours, meet and greets and stuff, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt him if he attended to my calls and messages for just a plain minute or so, right?

I was memorizing important definitions from my text book, when my phone starts to ring.

"Not now, Nairah. I.." I stop midway through my sentence as soon as I look at the caller ID. It was Hussain. After one whole month.

Should I pick it up? I mean, he's been ignoring me for a month now. He should know how it feels. But it's not entirely his fault, right?

Should I pick up and bash out on him for his behaviour? Naah. No matter how mad I might be at what he did, I still truly love him.

My phone keeps ringing in my hand and I take a deep breath and finally pick up.

"H..Hello?" I stutter. Probably because of the stupid open window.

"Hey. Maleeha, meet me at Riverside Park. Right now. I need to talk to you." He sounded pretty serious. And the fact that he called me Maleeha instead of Lia was a clear indication.

Without asking why he was being so ignorant over the past month and behaving so irresponsibly, I just simply say. "Okay. Bye." And we both hang up.

I have a feeling he might want to make up for all those days that he ignored me. But..... he could've just dropped by and met up with me. Why somewhere else?

I didn't quite dress up for the ocassion but just put on a white shirt with a black warm cardigan on top with faded blue jeans.

My heartbeat grew faster with every step I took towards Riverside Park. It was freezing cold outside but my crazy emotions kept me warm. I enter through the gates and search for Hussain and then finally see him with his back towards me. I'd normally just go and hug him from the back but today was different. I was slightly mad at him for being so ignorant all that time when he was on tour.

I call out to him in a plain, shivering voice. "Hussain!" He doesn't even turn to look at me. With my thoughts driving me crazy, I walk forward and stand behind him.

"Hussain.....What's wrong?" I ask quietly. He still doesn't turn around.

"Maleeha.....I wanna end this. Right here. Right.....now." He says in a low tone. His words echoed through me. What? Is this some kind of joke? It probably is.

Sorry for the really short chapter :/ I'll be updating the new one very soon. Till then, just sink this one in. Or uhh....... The last paragraph, to be more specific. :3