Part 2: Riley

I loved Genesis with all my heart. It was just a lot to juggle career, love, women and more women. One woman in particular who caught my eye a couple of months back. The reason for majority of my late night and early morning escapades. Aside from that, I usually was working either doing a club appearance or attending some upscale party that I had to be in attendance of without my girlfriend. A single, young, black rising star was far attractive and interesting than one who was in a committed relationship, especially one who was out as a lesbian. Not to mention, my reasons behind leaving Genesis out of my lifestyle as much as I can was for her own good. I saw first-hand what the media did to celebrities and people who are constantly in the limelight. Granted I was living my dreams but it came at a price. I wasn't making excuses I was just keeping it real but I felt that now was the time to break it out off with Alana. The sexy vixen I met a few months back in a nightclub that she was DJ'ing at. She sent me drinks the whole night and once the night calmed down she decided to give me her number and I decided to call her one day. That was the choice I made. This new world was nothing but temptation and events that can either cause your breakthrough or cause you a breakdown. Alana lived in a spacious Brooklyn apartment. I was supposed to meet Genesis at her so-called best friend's house who I did not like nor did I trust but who was I to judge with all the dirt I was doing? She and her wife were having a get-together and I had about an hour before I had to be there. I felt that I needed to end things with Alana but was not prepared when I knocked on her door and she told me to come in. A set of stairs were in front of the main door and there she sat on the steps wearing nothing but a bra and panty set with a fitted that was on her head backwards. Damn, what the fuck have I gotten myself into? There was no way in hell that I would be making that dinner.

"I was wondering when you'd finally come see me... it's been a while," Alana said as she gazed up at me with those bedroom eyes. I walked towards her trying to explain myself and to inform her that I was breaking things off. I had to be faithful to Genesis.

"I don't give a fuck what you planned on doing but I'm a tell you what you gonna do," Alana said as she grabbed me by my waist and began to undo my pants. My cell phone began to vibrate in my pocket and Alana told me that if I answered it she would tell Genesis personally what had been going on between us over the past few months. I declined, for she knew where we lived. I allowed her into our home, our bed and within our walls. I fucked this woman in the studio that belonged to Genesis and on the island in the kitchen while she was out shopping or hanging with Mila. I told this woman intimate stuff like how I didn't feel appreciated and how I felt Genesis changed and she didn't understand me. The truth was, I was the one who changed; Genesis remained loyal and here I was getting my pussy sucked and fucked on the staircase of my lover's home.

Hours had passed since I missed Genesis' call which turned into more calls and then text messages followed by voice mails. I was screwed and I knew it but I had always managed to convince myself that Alana was worth it. There was just something about this woman that set my entire body on fire from the inside-out. I told her like many times before that this was the last time and like many times before, she did not believe me. I decided to head home, shower and change before meeting Genesis on the upper east side at Mila and Francesca's spacious loft. Once I arrived, the party was still going and I ensured that I came with a few bottles of wine. There were some familiar faces and of course everyone knew who I was and asked for pictures and autographs. I didn't mind at all. I scanned the room looking for my girl and found her sitting very comfortably off to the side with an unknown yet attractive woman. Before I could head over and interrupt their intimate conversation, Mila grabbed my arm and pulled me off to the side.

"Nice of you to join us," she sarcastically said as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Thanks for the invite," I sarcastically said back.

"Your invite expired hours ago but since you're my best friends girlfriend... for now, I'll let it slide," she said as she raised an eyebrow.

"For now huh? And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means just what I said... for now. Your dirt's gonna catch up with you, you just better hope that I'm not there to witness it when it does," she said as she walked off. Did this bitch just threaten me? I thought to myself but brushed it off because for one I could not afford to cause a scene and secondly, I was curious to know who had my girlfriend's attention to the point where she didn't even notice when I came through the door. She and the stranger were gone... I felt something within my gut that told me I needed to get my shit together and worry before someone else came in and did the things that I started slacking when it pertained to my relationship.