Chapter 14: One Small Favor

Chapter 14

One Small Favor

You've got to be kidding me was the only lucid thought that ran through my mind as I stared at my phone screen during my morning social media check.

Christian Ryder and Sophia Hastings: Hollywood's Hottest New Couple?

I clicked on the Facebook link, already imagining and dreading the load of crap I was about to bear witness to.

Christian Ryder and Sophia Hastings, the stars of the upcoming teen flick "Kidnap My Heart" are Hollywood's hottest new actors. Could they also be Hollywood's hottest new couple?

Ryder, 21, and Hastings, 18, play love interests in the teen rom-com inspired by the New York Times bestselling novel.

The newly single Christian has assured the public and the press there is nothing going on between the two. Sophia and her newly hired manager have also denied the rumors.

Yet an inside source on set reports that "sparks fly" around Christian and Sophia, and "they always seem to be together."

"Kidnap My Heart" stans worldwide are already rooting for the pair, but one person who isn't too excited about this news is Christian's ex: Cassie Lovett. A source reports she's had it in for the newcomer since before the rumors started.

Luckily for Cassie, Rystings are keeping their relationship on the down-low for now.

"Relationship?" I read out loud. "What relationship?" Clearly someone had taken Renee Brown too seriously.

"Sophia," Tori squawked from the living room. My room was only a hallway away and I could hear her loud and clear. "How could you not tell me you were dating Christian Ryder?"

I heard her loud stomps as she stampeded her way over to my room. The door swung open and Tori appeared. "I better be the maid of honor. No, you better name one of your kids after me."

"Tori, there is no wedding."

"Is he not a Christian?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "That's ironic. Is he Jewish? I can't remember. It's okay, though. We can work with whatever."

"Tori. There's nothing going on. They're just rumors."

"Oh." She walked over and glanced at my phone screen before looking back at me. "So what are you gonna do now? Are you gonna pull a Britney and shave your head and attack Christian's car with an umbrella?"

"That's plan B. I'll keep you posted."

My phone began to vibrate in my hand and turned my attention away from Tori and the article. When I saw who it was, I let it go to voicemail. It didn't take Tori very long to realize why I hadn't answered. She tried to talk me into calling him back so she could hear his voice, but ultimately, it was Christian's persistence that made me answer just so he'd stop bothering me.

"What do you want?"

"Well, hello to you, too."

I could see Tori straining herself trying to listen in out of the corner of my eye. "His voice is hot," she mouthed.

"Stop talking." Conveniently, this was directed at both of them. "What do you want?"

"I can't answer your question if you want me to stop talking," he said.

"You're the one who called me. I'll just hang up if you don't answer my question."

"Damn it. Fine. I need you to meet me in front of my trailer right now."