Into Your Mind ::11::

Start from the beginning

“Unless you wish to see my insides, let me have moment!” she snapped. He only rolled his eyes, folding his arms across his chest and waiting until the sickly green color dropped from the tone of her skin. 

“You’ve had nearly an hour. It’s time to talk about the tournament. Get. Going.” he hissed bitterly. She glared at the back of his head as she paced behind him, the entire way to his office in the cold dark dungeons. She shut the door securely behind her.

“I don’t know why you have such a difficult time doing as I tell you.” he was nearly talking to himself, pointing to a chair. She plopped down it it, crossing both her legs and arms. Her breaths were long and deep. 

Inhale...

Exhale...

“I lost track of time. I’m sorry... really I am.” she apologized sincerely, although still angry from his pushing her around. It had been a more recently occurring event, her saying ‘sorry’ to this infuriating man. 

“Right. Apologize. That always makes it all better in the Glorious Life of Lennox Kingsleigh.” he barked. She looked at him with many emotions welling up inside of her. Disbelief. Shock. Anger. Annoyance. Only to name a few.

“Not sure what twisted world you live in, but my life is and has been hardly glorious! You know nothing about me. Don’t act like you do!” she retorted with pain in her throat, and sting with each word. He shook his head.

“You say that, but I find it difficult to believe so. Coming from a rich pureblood family.” he countered, getting a parchment and quill from a small drawer inside his mahogany desk. He nearly threw it down to the surface of the table.

“You don’t know half the story.” she had wished she could say more in answer, mentally cursing the man into oblivion. She looked down at the floor. He took out his wand, pointing it at her, tasting the spell on his tongue.

“Legilimens!” 

Everything had gone pitch black for the both of them. Severus stood in a cloudy tunnel, a bright light growing larger at a very slow pace. He looked down at the ground. Snow. He began to trudge through it, the light getting bigger.

He was within a foot of it, looking the white blinding light up and down before stepping into it and watching images swirl around him. He stood in the doorway of an extremely dirty flat. His eyes skimmed over the room.

The first memory.

There were five raven haired children, sitting around a television. Four boys. One girl. They had all resembled a younger version of the Kingsleigh children. Yet the eldest was absolutely nowhere to be found.

There was a tattered tan sofa, with chocolate brown carpet and baby blue walls. They were all scattered around a small television, too interested to notice anything else. He couldn’t hear clear words or sounds, for everything was muffled.