The Aftermath ::29::

***LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!*** Listen guys, I just got my new computer and I'm super duper pumped becasue that means I can update more and I have some great new ideas, and don't worry this story is going to reach 50 chapters, so there is PLENTY more of Snape/Lennox ;) on another note, I'm sorry for semi-abandoning this story, I didn't mean to! And I love all of those who left me nice comments and reviews! I love my fans! :) And on another another note, my new computer comes complete with imovie SO perhaps a book trailer is in order in the near future? Oooohhh :) anyways, it's a school night so this chapter is shorter, and it doesn't have any romance really just... fighting haha... its more of a filler chapter to get you guys excited for a longer more deeper chapter that I'm going to write this weekend because I have nothing but free time... so basically I'm just updating because I CAN NOW!!! Anyways, enjoy ;) ***

Lennox could feel a glare of hatred burning into the back of her skull as she sat quietly at Slytherin table. She glanced up at Liam, who was seated across her- stuffing his face with toast and sausage. She raised an eyebrow at him, wondering how one person could eat as much as he did.

“You're such a pig.” she sighed, resting her chin on her folded arms. He smiled and gave a small shrug, returning to his breakfast.

“Aren't you hungry Lenny? I haven't seen you eat since... dinner...” he paused his indulgence to think.

“Your point being?”

“Dinner... the night after the ball.. which was three days ago.” he wiped his mouth clean of meat grease. She could have thrown up in pure disgust of his manly eating habits.

“I've eaten...” she protested weakly. He rolled his eyes at his best friend's deliberate lie.

“You might not want to tell me now... but you'll come around. I'll be there waiting for you to open up to me. You'll see.” he nodded, returning to his meal. She sighed and lifted her thin wrist to catch the time. She slowly got to her feet, not even bothering to look up towards the head table.

“I've got NEWT potions in fifteen minutes. I'll see you later Li-Li-Kins.” she ruffled his hair as she began her walk towards the dungeon. As she descended, she noticed something very peculiar... there were other students arriving to class early.

“Strange.” she thought, noting that she was always the first one in the classroom. However, today there were others seated at their lab tables as she entered. She glanced around at other students hustling in a good ten minutes before class was scheduled to begin. She took a step to her left, touching the arm of a seventh year Ravenclaw.

“Beth?” she caught the attention of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl. Beth smiled brightly at Lennox.

“Morning Len. Need something?”

“Well I was actually just curious... is something important meant to be happening today?” she questioned. Beth shook her head.

“No... why do you ask?”

“Because everyone is here early... and they all look a bit frightened.”

“Oh... the rumor is that Professor Snape is in a downright foul mood today... but then again, when isn't he?” she giggled, returning to her textbook. Lennox nodded, and went to find her own seat next to Xavier whom she didn't even bother to speak to. She opened her textbook to the instructions for brewing Felix Felicis, which she began to read over carefully. Ten minutes went by quickly, and there was a sudden loud crashing noise as the potions master entered the room, slamming the door against the cobblestone dungeon wall. Everyone jumped in their seat, as this was a very unexpected (and unnecessary) entrance from their professor.