The Question Game ::19::

*** Almost to the big twenty! Just a fair bit of warning, this chapter was completely difficult to write. Sorry if it's not up to my usual ;) next chapter will be the First Task so readers beware! :D I will have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed writing this, and don't worry- it's FAR from over :) I went surfing and it was really fun. But you probably don't care. I will update once more today (Wednesday) but don't expect any more until at least Friday because I have prior engagements that need to be fullfilled. So there you have it. Happy reading folks! P.S I'm sorry it's really short! I really had troubles... The next chapter will be longer hopefully!  ***

“Headmaster… I- I don’t…” Lennox took in a deep breath as she sat in his office chair. He was looking at her across from his desk, smiling with the same twinkle in his eye that had been there the very first time she’d ever laid eyes upon him.

She was having an anxiety attack, that much she knew of. She had recognized the feeling of it immediately, remembering the countless times she’d had them when she lived with her real parents so many years ago. That gut wrenching feeling that would stake her when she knew her father was searching the flat for her.

It was terrifying.

And now with the First Task being less than twenty four hours away, she felt herself unable to reach peace within herself. Hear heart was racing, her head felt dizzy, her breathing turned choppy. She felt absolutely miserable, and she was well aware of how crazy she might look.

Dumbledore only folded his hands neatly on his desk, and looked down at the girl through his half moon spectacles, and remained quiet. She had come to him from the Great Hall in a panic, and he knew what she needed was to be away from the castle for one night.

There was a knock at his door. Lennox looked up at him, her eyebrows knitted together. He looked up towards the door, and smiled. Lennox fidgeted uncontrollably in her spot, bounced her leg up and down unknowingly, and gnawed gently at her lip.

“Come in Severus.” the elderly man’s voice stated gently. Lennox’s eyes widened and she felt as if her heart was going to beat out of her chest. She looked up at him with great fear and guilt. She leaned her head forward, letting her hair curtain her face.

“You summoned me Headmaster?” his deep voice rang in her ears. She gasped quietly, closing her eyes. Surely he was angry with her. She didn’t want to face the music so soon… it had only been the previous night she had been intoxicated enough to express her hatred for him.

Severus noted her presence, although he could not see her face. He felt his heart lurch. Why had Albus gathered the two of them here on this beautiful Friday evening? What was the sole purpose of this all? Severus didn’t dare look at her for too long.

He sent his attention back to his employer, who was smiling just short of a smirk. The old codger. Severus walked forward slowly, completely ignoring the girl, although still going tense from the presence of her. He felt his lip curl up in disgust.

“Severus yes. I do need your help. Miss Kingsleigh here is… well for lack of words ‘freaking out’ about tomorrow evening.” he told the Potions Master. Severus raised an eyebrow, and glanced down at her. He could see the harsh rise and fall of her chest.