"Do I look good enough?" She hushed over, shifting in her seat uncomfortably.

     Jae looked her over. "I would've suggested that a black dress seemed a bit gloomy, but at least you have a good necklace," he breathed. "They'll be here soon so just keep silent."

     "Wait," she gasped, "you didn't tell me how to greet them. Is there something I need to do?"

     "The less you do, the better."

     She scoffed, "I don't want them hating me! If I'm going to be your fake girlfriend for two weeks, I better be the best damn girlfriend they'll ever meet and you'll ever have."

     Groaning, he spoke, "Just give a short bow. They know you're ignorant, you're white."

     "I'm not! I'm Colombian! There's a difference."

     "Hello."

     Catalina heaved in defeat, her first impression was tainted by her pride for her country and she could feel herself die a bit inside.

    Jae stood and Catalina followed closed behind. He bowed and so did she.

    His mother was a short lady with a bob hairstyle, she wore a light blue dress which looked as if she were going to see the royal wedding instead of sharing a dinner with her family, her eyes were like chocolates but those of the extremely expensive kind. Then, right behind her was who Catalina assumed to be his father. The man stood tall, about half a foot taller than Catalina herself and he wore the face of astuteness and grace. He wore a fashionable Italian tux with fine shoes. Jae's mother seemed to be playing 'good cop' by the evident smile on her decorated lips.

     "Hello, it's an honour to meet you both." Catalina offered them a warm smile, extending her hand out.

     "Catalina, yes?" His mother's voice was sweet and gentle and her hand was as soft as satin.

     "Yes, Mrs. Kim." She nodded.

     "We finally get to meet you. Our son has kept you a secret for the most part; I thought you might've not been real at all. It would be great to get to know you during our visit." It was his father's turn to speak. "Though, I could see why he tried to keep you hidden, we aren't exactly keen on westerners."

     "Honey." Mrs. Kim gave her husband the look. "She is a very charming young lady."

     After some more formalities, they all sat down at the table and ordered their food. They had a starter and the main course had been served after only a few exchanged words. For the most part, the dinner had been awkwardly silent and Catalina couldn't bare it. She'd always been embarrassed eating in front of strangers, and it wasn't helping that they were from a golden cradle.

     "What do you study?" Mrs. Kim asked, a sweet smile on her lips.

     Catalina gulped the slice of beef she'd been chewing. "I have a double major in environmental science and geography," she stated.

     "And what do you plan on doing with those?" Mr. Kim questioned.

      "Well," she set her fork down, "I plan to do research, more specifically hydrological research. I'm a huge envi-enthusiast and I really do want what's best for the planet."

     "That's very noble," Mrs. Kim smiled, "very, very noble. I hope you really get a great career from that."

     "And your family? What do your parents do for a living?"