"These must be your friends, huh?" Jae asked, lifting a brow and analyzing them. His gaze was almost scrutinizing, as if he were looking at bacteria through a microscope instead of human beings.

     "Yes," she laughed, "yes, these are my friends. Daniel and Madeline. Guys, this is Jae."

     "Ah, Maddie, I forgot my gym clothes in the locker, come with me!" Daniel gave a nervous laugh. "It was nice to put a face to the name, see ya!"

     "He's a horrible liar," Jae deadpanned as they both watched Madeline and Daniel run off towards the student center and seek nice air-conditioned refuge.

     "Yeah," Catalina laughed, "he is." She fanned herself, the heat getting to her.

     They fell silent as she pulled her water bottle from her bag, taking a sip.

     "So, um?" Catalina cleared her throat, trying to pop the bubble of awkwardness that floated around them.

     Jae shrugged. "Nothing, just wanted to get your name right."

     "Right, well you can call me Cat, it's what my friends call me."

     "So, we're friends?"

     "Pft-yeah! Friends help each other out and you helped me back there. So, just know you can trust me for whatever it may be." She gave a bright smile, her eyes almost sparkling.

     "Just as long as you don't constantly ask me for favours."

     She shrugged, "Who knows what the future will bring. But for now, there's nothing."

     He extended his hand and instead of shaking it, she gave him a two-finger salute.

     Jae blinked at her.

     "What? No one shakes hands anymore," she frowned. "Ugh, fine." Taking his hand, she shook it.

     "So, since we're friends... Well, I need a favour." He rubbed the back of his neck, cheeks colouring pink ever so slightly.

     "I should've known. You're a sly fox, Jae-Jae," she sung, wiggling her eyebrows before taking another sip of her drink.

 You're a sly fox, Jae-Jae," she sung, wiggling her eyebrows before taking another sip of her drink

    Catalina gave a smile, sitting down next to Jae. It had been a week since he asked her the peculiar favour and she had still regretted going along with it. The elevator had taken its sweet time getting to the top floor where the restaurant was and she had nearly had an anxiety attack when she thought she might have been late for the big day. Luckily, when she arrived, she found Jae all by himself.

     The table was set brilliantly and lavishly. A white lace tablecloth sat beneath the elaborately and beautifully designed china. There were a thousand glasses upon the table and an expensive flower arrangement. She wasn't poor but this was stunning to see, for after all she never knew Jae was rich enough to afford such a luxury (though she should've guessed since he was an international student, after all). She loved the soft pastel hues of the room and the beautiful flower print curtains that hung in front of the long windows.