PART V

You know that feeling you get when your skin suddenly feels warm, experiencing a heartbeat faster than usual, sweaty hands and feet. It's called a hot flash and I'm having one right now.

He slowly walks towards me with his friends. He keeps looking at me, right into my eyes but I can't help but look down every other two seconds. His stare is too strong to handle. He now smiles a little and makes his lips wet with his tongue which couldn't help but makes me gaze at his mouth.

Just when I thought he was about to come up to me he turns to the right to sit at a bar table on my left.

I turn around facing the bar man. Joe comes back from the men's room. "So princess, what will be your second drink?"

Me: "Something stronger than a Cosmo, please."

"Do I want to know what happened while I was gone to men's room?" Joe asks while raising his right eyebrow.

Me: "No, it's just ... I don't know. I haven't been myself today. I'm hoping that whatever this is will be gone tomorrow. That's why I proposed to come here, to the bar."

Joe: "Something on your mind kid? Something I can help with?" he asks slightly concerned.

Me: "Nope. Not for now at least."

Joe takes a deep breath and orders me a long island iced tea. "You'll for sure feel this one, kid. But this is your last. No more than two drinks. After this drink you come up to the suite immediately. I don't want you to hang around drunk, but I can see you need your space so I'll give it to you now. For an hour."

"Thank you, Joe" I reply while he pats me on the back.

As Joe walks away I look at him from behind and can't help but feel grateful to have him in my life. When Joe disappears behind the elevator doors I glance at him. There he is.

He's not looking this time, so I take this opportunity to look at him while he isn't paying attention.

I study him from top to bottom.

From his dark, thick, long hair with a loose strand of hair in front of his eyes to his perfectly white smile and strong jawline. From his broad shoulders to his chest. He's wearing a black silk shirt, black pants, a black leather belt and dark purple shoes. I've got to admit it. Shawn Mendes has got style.

While focussing on his shoes I totally forgot the fact that he could see me looking at him, which he does. When I look back up I can see him looking at me, not being able to hide his smile.

I'm so embarrassed. I turn around to try and hide the fact that I was looking at him which only makes it more obvious. I get off of my chair and leave my long island iced tea for what it is. I don't feel like waiting for the elevator to come so I walk out the main entrance/exit and head to the stairs.

 I don't feel like waiting for the elevator to come so I walk out the main entrance/exit and head to the stairs

While walking towards the stairs I cross a mirror and I stop walking. I look at myself and start laughing. "How dumb could you be, Lara? Could you have been any more obvious?" I think to myself as I face palm my forehead.

I continue to chuckle while holding the balustrade to walk up the stairs. I guess that one little sip of LIIT did it's work.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell.

I turn around and I am perplexed to see who it is.

"Why are you leaving?" he asks while walking up the stairs towards me.

Me: "Uhm. It's getting late, so ... And uhm I'm tired so, I'm going to my suite."

Shawn: "Well can I at least know your name?"

"Why?" I ask vulnerably.

"Because I want to know the young woman's name who couldn't keep her eyes off of me just now at the bar." he jokes.

"Well, for your information, I wasn't looking at you but at your fancy shoes. That's all." I answer witty.

He lets out a giggle and bites his lip while he puts his hand behind his neck.

"It's Lara." I say and smize. (Smizing is smiling with the eyes according to Tyra Banks)

"Hi, I'm Shawn. Nice to meet you, Lara." He puts out his right hand and we shake each other's hand.

"Nice to meet you too Shawn." I turn around and continue walking up the stairs.

"Do you need me to walk you to your suite?"

I turn around and smile at him. "No thank you, I'm a big girl."

"Alright. Will I see you again sometime? Here in the hotel or are you leaving anytime soon?" he asks shyly.

"I don't know how long we're staying here."

"We? You mean the older man?"

"Yeah, he's my bodyguard. Sort of. We go whenever he makes the decision to."

"Oh, wow, bodyguard eh? Cool! Well, don't leave without saying goodbye."

"I won't." I answer smiling and before I could let him answer me back I turn around and walk down the hall upstairs to my suite.

" I answer smiling and before I could let him answer me back I turn around and walk down the hall upstairs to my suite