PART I

As I'm walking down the street with my father's Capo "Crazy Joe" by my side who's job is to protect me at all times I try to notice all the details. The people, the faces, the buildings, the cars, the sounds, the smell, ... . "One day this city will me my city." Joe smirks while raising his right eyebrow. "The city will have a heck of Godmother."

"Ahh don't call me a Godmother. I think Godfather sounds so much cooler!"

Joe bursts out in laughter. "You've got to be kiddin' me right? A female head of the Family never calls herself a Godfather. If your little brother Vito were to be the head of the Family, then he'd be a Godfather. Not you. You'll be a Godmother."

I roll with my eyes and let him be. I have greater plans. By the way, imagine how cool it would be if people talked about the Godfather of New York and all along they were talking about a woman without knowing so. Touché to Feminism!

While I drift away in thoughts I suddenly get pulled back to reality as Joe's arms pick me up roughly and we rush inside a tall building. "Stay here" he says. "Don't go out of this building unless I tell you to. Do you hear me?"

I look around to understand the situation and my eyes go to a huge crowd of people gone crazy. All surrounding one guy and his bodyguards while he gets out of his car.

His face looks familiar, like I've seen him somewhere before.

"Did you hear what I said?" says Joe more persistent this time.

I look up, into his eyes and nod. He shows me a little smile of relief and heads out of the building. I see him checking the street looking for the safest way out of here.

There's a TV on the wall right behind the reception desk. I now see the guy's face on TV. The new reporter's talking about him, but I'm too far away to understand. I get a little closer.

"Heart throb and music artist Shawn Mendes has arrived in New York and stays at the St. Regis Hotel. According to our sources the Hotel had to lock their doors to keep the fans out and insure the rock stars' safety. ..."

While the news reporter keeps talking they now show a couple of trailers of his music video's.    Now I remember. He's the guy from the song Stiches. While singing the song in my head I notice Joe entering the building and signing me to go to him.

"Everything's safe. I got us a room at the St. Regis Hotel." he says. "But didn't they just lock the doors for everyone?" I ask. 

"Sure, for everyone who's name isn't Vevese" he replies as the doors of the hotel are being opened just for us two.