PART II

As we walk towards the reception desk the hotelmanager walks towards us.

"Ah welcome Ms. Vevese. You and your Family are always very welcome in the St. Regis."

As he and Joe discuss further information, I take a look at the place. The first thing I notice is how much it looks like home. The interior design is inspired by the Versailles Palace. 

While looking around a guy sitting on a green velvet chair tuning his guitar draws my attention

While looking around a guy sitting on a green velvet chair tuning his guitar draws my attention. I can't see his face yet as he's slightly looking the other way down at his guitar. I notice a tattoo on his right hand. I'm too far to see what it is. He's surrounded by a group of people that must include a couple of friends and probably a manager as the manager-type keeps getting calls on both of the phones in his hands.

The guy finally turns his head, looks around and then I am what he focusses his eyes on.

It's the singer. Shawn Mendes. I've met many celebrities before but never was I starstruck. Neither was I now, but I couldn't help but feel a bit strange. Almost intrigued.

For only a second or three our eyes cross until Joe interrupts. "Come on, let's go. Our suite is ready. You got the best room in the whole hotel."

Joe and I walk towards the elevator and he presses the button. 

All I think about is about those 3 seconds. The doors of the elevator open and as I get in and turn around, my eyes immediately search for his, but I came in second this time as he was already looking at me.

We kept staring in each other's eyes until the doors finally closed and I see my reflection in the golden, shiny doors. I start feeling dizzy and light headed. My heart skips a couple of beats and I start breathing more heavily. I breathe in deeply and breathe out. I get back in control of my body. Joe asks "Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure yet." I answer as I tuck a couple of hair strands behind my ears. I look at my reflection. I know something's about to change but I can't pin down what exactly.

The doors open and we walk to our suite.