Chapter 10: Catastrophe

MASON INDUSTRIES

Emma's POV.

Me and Killian were the cutest couple ever when it came to cuddling. He loved, absolutely loved hugging me and I honestly didn't know where this came from. He was a pirate, wasn't he? I don't think they are famous for... cuddling.

Maybe he felt safe being with the person that makes him happy the most... Maybe he felt that I was safe in his arms. Or maybe both. Because that was how I felt.

Even at night, when we were sleeping together, I always ended up lying on his chest, his arms wrapped around me and him breathing peacefully on my forehead. Not that I was complaining, but, I think, sometimes he did it on purpose.

Like... Right now. It was early in the morning, and we were cuddling in bed. I was still half asleep, Killian was fully asleep. He was exhausted after all. I didn't want to wake him up yet. But his hands were still wrapped around my waist.

I kind of felt bad that he could use only one hand to hold me. The hook is sexy, but, most of the time, he was afraid he would hurt me, or afraid that I would feel uncomfortable with a piece of metal touching me instead of actual flesh.

I had to reassure him every time that I had absolutely no problem with his hook or his missing hand — in fact, it was something that made him special, something that made him Captain Hook.

“Good morning.” I heard him mumble softly over my head. He hugged me even more tightly and covered my whole body with his. “Did you enjoy last night?” he asked, smiling at me — of course I couldn't see it, but I felt him form a smile on my forehead.

I giggled against his neck. “I'm not sure you can hear me from down here, but hey, why yes I enjoyed it!” I said and tried to escape his body that felt like a whole building had fallen onto me. “I would have enjoyed it more if you weren't this exhausted after we got home, though...” I flirted.

He finally got my signs that I was too uncomfortable there — he had literally put his whole weight on me — and he crawled over to the other side of the bed. “Are we being flirty?” he teased with his sleepy voice and smirked.

I had opened my mouth to answer, but before I was able to, I heard his stomach grumble. “I can't believe you're so hungry this early in the morning.” I burst out laughing. “Rest in peace, everyone's breakfast.”

He furrowed his eyebrows in the funny way he always did and I was trying to hold back tears of laughter seeing him sleepy, but still the most adorable human ever. “Hey, don't make fun of my stomach!” he pouted.

After we both stopped laughing, he lifted my chin up to be able to look me into the eyes — and, god, his eyes were the most beautiful view to look at. And the guyliner made them even better, even though he believed I thought he looked ridiculous with it. But I didn't.

He smiled and leaned in to kiss me, but he pulled away, because this wasn't what he originally wanted to do — it was his heart talking. And he seemed to be pretty nervous. “Emma Swan...” he took a deep breath, and for a moment there I thought he was going to propose. “Will you go out with me again?” he grinned after he finished his sentence. “Just you and me this time.”

This time I was the one to lean in. I pressed my lips softly onto his — I knew this was ‘dangerous’ because we were still in bed and things could get... hot — and it his hand immediately moved on my cheek.