Chapter 8: Happy Bunker

MASON INDUSTRIES

Emma's POV.

“How the hell are you here?” I asked Ruby after I greeted her. “Weren't you all supposed to be in the Enchanted Forest?”

Ruby sighed. “Rumple's alive.”

“What?” I said, surprised. No, this couldn't be true. I know Killian had talked to me about this, but it wasn't sure.

How could he be alive. He just died. Literally. Who brought him back? He was a Dark One who sacrificed himself with the dagger.

And, by Ruby's tone, he wasn't alive to help us, but as a villain.

“There is a witch, who brought him back. I think her name is Zelena, but I'm not sure about that. She's controlling him.” Ruby enlightened us. “He's helping Rittenhouse.”

“But there is no magic here. She can't control him with the dagger.” Killian pointed out. “He's said that, I'm sure.”

“And he also can't see the future here, if I guess that's how he's helping Rittenhouse.” Henry added.

They were both right. How did he do this? How did she do this? It was so weird, and scary. A land without magic, but magic works?

“She has a weird necklace that is actual magic. You can use the magic she wants you to use.” Ruby explained.

Well, that made sense. But it was scary. I couldn't use my magic here. I couldn't defeat anyone. It was the time I knew I needed my magic. I never thought I'd say this, but I need it.

“Let's get to the important thing. How did you come back from the Enchanted Forest? If I'm right, the last bean was used by us.” David said, and he was right.

How did they come here? The witch wouldn't have cast a curse in... three days.

Ruby sighed. “Only I came back. As I said, she can use any magic she wants, so she created a portal to the real world. I transformed into a wolf and got in too, but they never saw me.” she said. “I came here to save you guys.”

I was sure the guys from the bunker were shocked that she could transform into a wolf.

Rufus gasped. “Red Riding Hood is the wolf?” he said surprised and we all laughed, escaping the drama. “Rest in peace, my childhood!”

“Focus, Rufus!” Mason said.

“I don't think they will come after you soon. But be careful.” Ruby continued.

“Wait.” I stopped her. “What are you going to do?” I asked her, since I wasn't sure she had a place to stay. But she sounded like she was about to leave — in fact, I was sure she was going to leave after what she said.

“I'm going to stay at hotels or abandoned houses around here since I can't go back. It's my own nature after all.” she answered. “But if something happens, I'll know. And I'll let you know.”

“Thank you... Red!” Snow said. “It was so nice seeing you again!” she hugged her, since she was her best friend. “Is everyone in the Enchanted Forest alright?”