Chapter 4: New Orleans

MASON INDUSTRIES

Emma's POV

Everyone was confused, angry and there was a vibe of rush and tension in the bunker. The five of us didn't really know what awaited us, but we were sure that whatever it was, it wasn't good.

Henry was talking to Flynn, asking him questions - funny how we all met each other only yesterday, but these two had already bonded through video games. Agent Christopher was running around, David was trying to help her, not really knowing what to do exactly, though. Wyatt was already sitting on the couch when me and Henry came, and he seemed overwhelmed by all of this.

But what seemed weird to me was that Lucy and Killian came out from the same room together. Since when were these two friends? They barely even talked yesterday.

Does he want to approach her in another way?

God, why am I even thinking about this? I don't even care.

Or do I?

As I was thinking about it, Killian walked towards me, and I had just noticed that he was wearing Wyatt's clothes - and he looked so damn good as a 21st century man. He clearly needed to get his own modern wardrobe.

He didn't say anything, he just stood next to me and put on his brace and fake hand - he probably didn't have the time before.

I was sure he wanted his hook back, since everyone there knew he was Captain Hook, but he couldn't have it. The real world didn't need to know that fairytale pirates exist - and I think he understood that.

“What even happened in 1718?” Wyatt asked, interrupting my thoughts about Killian - god, the world was in danger and I was thinking about Killian's hook.

Everyone was expecting Lucy to answer immediately, but she took a moment. “New Orleans was founded then. But I'm not sure Rittenhouse has to do with that.” she answered, turning to Christopher.

“Rittenhouse actually went in New Orleans, so I think it does.” Denise said, checking at her computer. “They probably want to stop the French before it's founded?”

“There are easier ways for them if they wanted to, I think someone is their target.” Lucy answered.

Before she could continue, Flynn interrupted. “Why don't we find out who's going to take us there first, hm?” he said, trying to cool down everyone and stop the panic.

My mind immediately went to last night, when I snuck into Mason's room - where there was a freakin' electronic library. I hacked into his computer and found out many books that had to do with this job - damn me for being curious.

But I actually spent a lot of time reading these, since I couldn't get any sleep. I was sure I would never use these instructions, but nevertheless, I read them because they were interesting.

Only thing changed - I will actually probably use them.

“I can try.” I blurted out, causing Killian to stare at me with a confused and worried look. “I may have read the instructions in Mason's PC...” I explained, since everyone was just staring at me.

“Swan, it's too dangerous-” Killian grabbed my arm and I turned to face him.

“Do you think I don't know that?” I interrupted him. “I've been in Neverland with Henry's crazy ass great grandfather - I think I can manage that.” I said.