Chapter 5: Only You

A/N: this is almost full Captain Swan! Get on!

NEW ORLEANS, 1718

Killian's POV.

Emma was laying by my side sleeping peacefully, but I wasn't able to. I was tired, that was for sure, but something kept me awake, and I knew what that was.

I was worried about Emma. She was all I could think about ever since that kiss. And now, we were all in danger - what if something happened to her? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

All I wanted to do was hold her close to me, make sure she's safe. But she didn't trust me - how could she? As her own father had said, I'm nothing but a pirate.

I didn't want to believe it - I didn't want her to see me as a pirate who, for some reason, is living with her and her family. And she told me many times I'm a friend to the family, but I never felt like they wanted me to be a part of a team.

When we first met, I knew she despised me. And maybe it felt like if I did too, the way I acted towards her, but, even from the start, I felt something strange. Maybe it wasn't love at first sight, but I sure as hell felt something pushing me towards her - something I never felt before, not when I first met Milah, not ever.

As we spent time near one another, even in bad terms, my feelings grew into something much bigger for her and by the end of the day, by the time I returned to Storybrooke to help them, I knew I would fall for her. Maybe I already had at this time.

After that, we had quite an adventure together. On the Jolly Roger, in Neverland. The time she almost drowned, I really felt like it was my fault - well, part of it actually was. It felt as if every bone was ripped off from my body, I wanted to jump there and pull her out myself - but I knew her parents wouldn't allow it. They didn't trust me one bit. I was so relieved when I found out she was okay, and it was the time I realized that she was the only thing that gave me hope for a happy ending.

Then, there was the kiss. She kissed me. I'm not going to lie - it was full of passion and I loved it. I really believed that I was going to faint afterwards. I didn't know what she felt towards me, I wasn't expecting her to do that.

But she did, and everything changed. I was quite fond of her before that, but from this point and then, I wanted to treat her like a princess, I wanted her to feel loved. Everything inside of me had changed - everything. She changed me.

I promised her I would win her heart. And I intended to - because, damn, I was nothing without her. She meant much more to me than my revenge from the start, and that's why I abandoned it.

I was deeply lost in these thoughts, they just wouldn't let me sleep. Every night I repeated in my mind our moments together until I fell asleep, but now, it was different.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt her moving her head anxiously from one side to another. She was also breathing really fast and let out weird sounds here and there.

I was sure she was having a nightmare. I tried to touch her, but she pulled away from me, asleep. “Emma. Emma, wake up!” I said to her, shaking her awake.

Her eyes shot open, she was gasping for air, and I tried to calm her down rubbing her arm. “It's okay, love.” I whispered to her ear. “Whatever it was, it's over.”