Costume Preparations

Mulai dari awal

'I assume she's getting her scrap book ready?'

"Yup," Dipper says.

'Did I say that out loud? Must've...'

Footsteps hurriedly tumble back down the stairs as a blur of brown and pink zoom by. "Let's go!"

"Whoa!" I sidestep my speedy sister, missing her elbow by a hair.

She stops by the front door, holding the door knob and giving my taken aback brother and me expected looks. "COME ON!" Her outburst makes it out to the back-freaking-yard as a woman in gardening gear comes in.

'Does she not have another hobby? It's October! This is no time for botany!'

"Where do you kids think you're going?" Her foot taps the carpeted floor.

"Uh..." Dipper looks around wearily, "the Halloween store?"

"Not without lunch you aren't! I made sandwiches!" Mom's demeanor changed so fast I think I got whiplash!

"Aw yes!" Dipper runs ahead, Mabel close behind. "Thanks Mom!"

Mom chuckles, then looks to me. "Well go on, Macie, go eat lunch."

"Ah, right...thanks.." I mumble and head into the kitchen, taking my seat and grabbing a rectangular sandwich.

Dipper and Mabel are already munching on their shares as I just start.

*Ding dong*

"Kiiiids!" Our heads shoot up at Mom's voice. "It's your friend, Aiden! Want me to let him in?!"

Giving each other three way glances, I answer, "Yeah, Mom!"

Seconds later, after the sound of the front door shuts, 'Aiden' walks in. "Heya, kids!" he says cheerfully, taking a seat at the table.

"Hi, Bill," I greet first since the other's mouths are full of an assortment of meat, bread and... 'Mabel eats sandwiches with mustard?! Gross!'

"Good job with using the front door!" 

I laugh.

"Thanks, Shooting Star! Though, I was hiding upstairs the entire time while you two were talking...." We stare at the boy with wide eyes. "ANYWAY! I heard costumes, Halloween, store, shopping and I thought, wow, I'd love to do that stuff!"

"Oh my gosh yes~!" Mabel stands up in her chair, a piece of crust flying through the air. 'She must have ripped it off mid jump since she hates the crust. I learned that the hard way...' "Dipper! We can have an even bigger group costume group!"

"Ugh..." The boy slams his face down on the table with a loud thud.

"What? Group? Nah, this is my time to be the scariest thing ever! Scare some snot-nosed kid's underwear off! Do you know what it was like to watch Halloween for centuries and not be able to participate?! This is my chance!!" Bill's voice goes kind of demonic at the end.

"What the what!? No! We gotta get the best group costume for the contest! Group costumes almost always win!" Shooting Star whines with a high pitched voice. I sit and silently observe the whole debacle, nibbling on my food.

"Can't we discuss this later, at the store?" The only reasonable person here proposes.

"Fine, Dip.... LET'S GO!"

I don't even get to finish my sandwich, 'I am so freaking slow when I eat', before Mabel grabs my arm and drags me and Dipper out the front door. Bill follows willingly, of course, having a big grin on his face as he laughs at our pain.