Chapter Four: Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Harry rushed onto the train, ignoring the odd looks he was getting. He was eager to see Draco again. He hoped that Draco hadn't forgotten about their deal.

Soon Harry found an empty compartment and shoved his trunk overhead before sitting down with playing with Anguis and Nigrum occasionally looking out the window for a sign of blonde hair. Harry has just spotted Draco on the platform when a young boy with red hair, freckles and hand me down clothing opened the compartment door and smiled at Harry.

"Is this taken? All the other compartments are full." Harry raised an eyebrow at him and crossed his arms.

"Actually this compartment is full I am simply waiting for someone, and also I know for a fact that not all the compartments are full I came to this one for a reason passing plenty of open ones." To say the boy looked shocked was an understatement. He looked at Harry(more like his forehead) and was going to ask the million-dollar question when the blonde of the year spoke from behind him.

"Red hair and hand me down clothes. You must be a Weasley." Draco drawled in an overly exaggerated snobby voice. Harry snorted catching Draco's attention. " Hey, Harry. What are you doing hanging out with this blood traitor?" Weasley looked at Harry shocked.

Harry smirked,"I don't know Draco he came to me and I was kindly trying to send him away but he wouldn't leave. Seems as if I'm a damsel in distress. Oh please someone save me." Harry said this with sarcasm dripping off his every word.

Draco pulled a smirk matching Harry's and pushed Weasley off to the side while making his way in,"Well run along then Weasel, you're not needed here". The ginger's face turned darker than his hair before he stormed off leaving a laughing Harry and Draco behind.

"So Harry how have you been?" Draco spoke lightly with a smile on his face as he sat down opposite Harry. Harry smiled and crossed his legs effectively making Anguis and Nigrum leave his shoulders for the bigger spot of warmth.

"I'm good had an eventful rest of the summer. How've you been?" Draco was now staring at Nigrum and Anguis as he went into a detailed explanation of his summer which would have intrigued Harry had Draco not had a bored tone. Harry giggled making Draco look up confused. "Draco you're obviously not very entertained by what you're saying so let's do something that does catch your attention like my snakes perhaps?" Draco's eyes lit up and he nodded excitedly stretching his arms out for them to slither onto.

~ Go and be nice to him ok?~ Harry told them taking them off his lap and into Draco's arms.

~Yes master Harry ~ They replied in unison. They slowly made their way up Draco's arms and around his torso making Draco chuckled lightly at the sensation. Harry watched his pets interact with Draco and couldn't help but smile at the pure glee on Draco's face. Harry and Draco talked about what they were excited about for Hogwarts and different topics from their course books. Draco and Harry seemed to equally enjoy potions though Draco had a bit more experience with the subject. The boys both dressed into their school robes and waited for the trolley to pass by purchasing Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, licorice wands, and a bunch of cauldron cakes. They talked, they laughed and surprisingly weren't interrupted the entire ride.

The train skidded to a stop and both boys looked out the window to see a dock and a large trail into the woods. Harry and Draco left the compartment leaving their luggage but remembering to bring Anguis and Nigrum both slithering all over Harrys torso, arms, and shoulders.

Harry and Draco followed a line of young first years, which Draco had told Harry that all first-years go by the boats, and towards the rickety dock. Twenty or so boats were lined up four seats each waiting to push off towards the castle. Harry and Draco got into the front of one boat not bothering to look who had joined behind them for the entire journey. The boats pushed off and students shrieked in terror as black tentacles skimmed the surface occasionally splashing the students.