"We are dress shopping today." My mother beamed brightly.

Frey's face moored into one of excitement. I knew she was trying to hide it but that spark in her eyes gave it away.

"Could I invite my friends to come with us?" She asked timidly.

"Of course you can darling! The more the merrier!" Mum exclaimed.

Frey ran off to get ready but not before giving me a quick pec on the lips on her way up.

I watched her trot away waiting for her to leave before I ask my mum why the hell was she here two weeks early.

"Your father has been monitoring the Red eagles and something is brewing. Henry has been MIA for a while now and Jack has been sending men to mess about with your Brother's shipments down the docks. Carter has been trying to help Damo out with all this but the Red Eagles have been recruiting new members."

For each word, she spoke my anger rose. How dare they try something, I'm pretty sure they are only messing about with Damo to distract us and get more of the Mortimer on the case to help out so that they could plan a sneak attack later and harm Frey when we least expect it. I need to find Henry and kill the bastard before he even gets a with in a mile of my Fire.

"Now stop that little train of thought you are having right now Wolfie. You will do nothing irrational. We need to wait until they have a clearer plan because if not you are just falling for their trap." She started.

I opened my mouth to add something but she cut me off holding her hand up.

"And don't go telling Freyah any of this. She has enough going on and doesn't need the added stress. Marrying you is enough on her poor soul to handle living with you for the rest of her life she doesn't need this on top."

"Wow mum, way to make me feel better about marrying the woman I love. You make it sound like being my wife is a chore." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm your mother, taking care of you was a struggle. Be happy you are alive and that your father didn't drop you too much as a child." I pointed her finger at me before walking to the bottom of the stairs waiting for Frey to come down.

"Let us be off then!" Mum cheered as my girl walked down the stairs in an outfit that I would ave never pictured her wearing.

She had a simple free skirt on with white little motifs, a flower top in a deep green colour added with a long grey cardigan that came below her knees. She slipped on a pair of flats before kissing me good bye and going out with my mum.

 She slipped on a pair of flats before kissing me good bye and going out with my mum

"Don't wait up Honey! This might take some time!" Mum called over her shoulder.

That woman, I don't know how dad puts up with her.

********************

Freyah Kent:

"Turn around Saoirse."