17

After the performance, Lia said she had to head home to start her essay on evolution, so now it was just Calum and I.

"You know I thought you ditched me," I laughed.

"I would never miss your performance in a heartbeat," Calum stated. "I'm sorry, it was just...I've been thinking about something for a really long time and I guess I got a bit carried away...also I didn't know if you wanted to see me after so long..."

"Of course I would! I needed you there!" Calum sighed.

"I guess I should explain why I haven't been talking to you?" I nodded.

"I thought about how what we had could turn into something more, and the possibility of fans sending hate. Also what would happen when I go on tour. I just really didn't want you to be hurt in anyway," Calum admitted sadly. There was a short silence.

"But after thinking about it really hard, my feelings are too strong to back away, and I'm not going to let anything stop us from what we have." I nodded.

"So about just now, um...won't everyone know?" I asked Calum awkwardly.

"So what? No one can tear us apart. It's my life and I choose how I want to live it. I won't let people who don't respect me tell me what to do. If they send hate, they're not real fans." He paused. "Some people probably took a video of us, I hope you don't mind," he chuckled. "But anyhow, since basically the whole world knows about us now, would you maybe want to...um, wanna like," he mumbled.

"What Cal," I laughed.

"Do you like, wanna be my girlfriend? Like you don't have to! Shit I'm probably moving too fast or you don't want-"

"Shut up Cal, yes I'd love to be your girlfriend!" I exclaimed.

"Thank God," Calum let out a breath of relief. "Would you maybe like to go on a date with me, girlfriend?"

"Gladly, boyfriend."

-❀-

Calum took me to a diner nearby. As we were walking, I felt him shift closer to me and brushed his hand against mine. I pretended to not notice him. He slowly took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. I looked up at him and he smiled at me with dreamy eyes.

"Could I have a cream sauce linguine with clams, a pepperoni pizza and 1 large strawberry milkshake with 2 straws, please?" Calum asked the waiter, who wrote our order down on a notepad.

"Sure. Thank you very much," the waiter replied with a smile, and took our menus away.

"I'm still so amazed by how talented you are, Maya," Calum turned to me. We were sitting in a booth with our legs tangled together, underneath the table. I smiled shyly at him.

"You're such an incredible person, I'm so glad you're my girlfriend."

"Oh yeah, I should tell you something. Lashton is real! I caught them kissing the other day but they're kinda at an awkward stage right now where they're too scared to admit their feelings to each other."

"Aw, skinny love!" I exclaimed. "I heard Lichael has been going strong too!"

"Yeah, Michael never stops talking about her. I'm actually surprised they actually got together!"

Calum took me home after the date.

"Thanks Cal, I had to much fun today. And thanks for coming to the competition, I really needed you there," I smiled.

"As I said, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I've been thinking...we could go on a triple date with Lichael and Lashton next time!"

"Oh my God, that's sounds great," I laughed. "Get Lashton together first!"

"Will do!"

"Goodnight Calum," I pecked his cheek and waved goodbye, as I slipped into my house.

--

shorttttt.