Christmas Day Part I

Start from the beginning

I sit next to Colter and start eating the bacon and eggs he cooked for breakfast.

After breakfast I pull out the box Colter gave me. "Can you put the necklace and bracelet on me now?"

He rises and puts the jewellery on for me. "I wanted you to have Peta close to your heart. Where we both know she's been since she..."

"... She was conceived. When I found out I was pregnant I fell in love right away with our baby. She was conceived out of love and that's the best gift anyone could give someone else."

He pulls me into his arms. "Do you want to see her before we go to your parents place for lunch?"

I nod.

Colter washes up the dishes while I get my coat. When he's finished with the dishes we walk out the front door.

I look at Colter. "We don't have any flowers for her?"

Colter walks over to the neighbours place and I follow him. He knocks on the door.

An elderly lady opens the door. "Hello?"

Colter smiles. "Do you remember me Mrs Collis?"

She nods. "You used to live next door?"

"That's right. I was wondering if we could pick some of your roses. My girlfriend and I want to see our daughter and we don't have anything to take with us."

"I'll get the sheers and cut some roses off for you." She enters the house and closes the door. She returns a couple minutes later. She walks down the stairs and stops in front of the roses. She cuts six roses off her bush for us. She looks at me. "I'm sorry for your lost."

I forgot how sweet this lady was. She was sad when we told her about our daughter.

Mrs Collis looks at me. "I'm glad you're back sweetheart." She cuts the thorns off before giving me the roses.

I hug her. "Thank you, Mrs Collis."

She smiles. "Don't be strangers. I want to see you both here every week. I'll cook dinner for us and Frank."

Colter helps her to the front door. He kisses her cheek. "We'll see you on Wednesday night?"

"Perfect." She enters the house and shuts the door.

Colter and I walk over to his car and we climb inside. He pulls out of the driveway.

At the cemetery I step out of the car and I look at the new Gravestones that been placed since we buried our daughter

Tears fall down my face.

How am I supposed to find my daughter?

Colter stops next to me and he wipes away the tears. "Are you alright?"

I shake my head. "I can't find my daughter."

He takes my hand. "She's in the third row and she the third one from the opposite side."

I walk up the row he told me. I find her grave. 'Peta Marilyn Kingsman

Born 11-3-11 to 12-3-11.' My little Angel holds our hearts Mom and Dad.' I run my finger over the letters. I place the rises on the ground. "Hey, Angel. It's Mommy. I'm finally back home and I want to tell you that I miss you every day. I love you with all my heart." I start crying.

Colter walks over to me and he wraps his arms around me. "Shhh, I've got you, Lexi." He wraps his arms around me. He traces his fingers over his name. He places his hand on the stone. "Peta I miss you every day. If you were still alive you would have me wrapped around your finger like your mother. Every time I close my eyes I imagine you looking like her. I have to remind myself that you were taken too soon. Being with your mother again is helping me heal. I hope that I'm doing the same for her." Tears fall down his face as he watches me.

He is helping me heal now. This is exactly what Colter and I need.

Colter and I sit on the grass holding onto each other for dear life as we cry for our little Angel that was taken too soon.