Goodbye Sydney

It's a beautiful Summer Day in Sydney and I have to travel to Los Angeles for Christmas. I pack my bags in the small apartment that I share with my cousin Maddison. Maddison looks at me from across the room. "Are you ready to go home after five years of avoiding Los Angeles?"

I roll my eyes. "I'd never be ready to go back there. Everywhere I look reminds me of my Ex-Husband."

She looks at the ground. "I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "You don't need to be." I wheel my suitcase to the door and look around the apartment checking that everything is turned off. I check my handbag for my passport and tickets.

I've got everything. Time to go home.

Madison and I wheel the suitcases over to the lift. I press the button and wait for the doors to open. When they open I see our HOT neighbour. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular, tanned skin and stands at 6'3. He has a surfboard in his hands.

He smirks. "Looking good ladies. How about when you come back we get to know each other?"

I touch his arm and feel his muscles. "Sounds like a plan." I wink at him.

He pulls me towards him and smashes his lips against mine.

I drop the suitcase and it hits my foot.

Ah, shit. My foot is killing me.

The guy's tongue enters my mouth and he deepens the kiss.

Maddison clears her throat. "Alexis, we are going to miss the plane if you keep playing tonsil hockey with the hot guy."

I pull away from him.

His blue eyes light up. "See you around, beautiful." He turns away and heads towards his door. He puts the board against the wall. He turns to me. "My name is Logan."

I wink at him. "See you soon, Logan."

Maddison pulls me into the lift and the door closes.

Maddison and I walk onto the plane. I put my stuff in the overhead compartment and I sit next to the window. Maddison plops down next to me. "What kind of movies do you think they are playing on this plane? I hope it's nothing I've seen before."

I shrug. "I'm sure you'll find something to watch." I put my seatbelt on and look out the window. I watch the luggage gets put onto the plane.

The pilot's voice comes over the intercom. He tells us that it's time to go over the safety procedures. I look at the flight attendant and she points to the emergency exit and then she demonstrates how to put on the life jackets. The video on the screen shows us where we can find out life jackets in case of an emergency. After the demonstration, the flight attendants walk down the aisles making sure everyone's seatbelts are on before they make their way to their seats.