Christmas Party Part I

Benson and I return to my place at 3 pm. I turn to him. "Do you want to come inside for a beer or coffee?"

He shakes his head. "I better not. I'm nervous about this date. She's taking me some work Christmas Party."

I wonder if this girl works for Colter.

I kiss his cheek. "Have fun on your date tonight, Benny." I step out of the car. I open the back door and pull out my shopping bags. I slam the door shut.

Benson pulls out of the driveway. He beeps the horn before disappearing around the corner. I walk to the front door and put my shopping bags on the ground. I open the front door and enter the house. I place all the bags in the lounge.

I'm so tired.

I climb the stairs and head straight for my bed. I pull the blind across making my room dark. I climb into bed and pull the covers over my head. I turn onto my side and close my eyes.

 I turn onto my side and close my eyes

I am woken by my mobile ringing. I pull the blankets off me and move my hand across the bedside table. I swipe my finger across the screen. "Hello?"

"Hey, It's Maddie. I was wondering if you want someone to come with you to the Christmas party. I can be your wing-woman?"

I smile. "I'd like that. You better get here quick. You can do my hair and make-up. We both know you enjoy using me like a Barbie doll."

She laughs. "I wouldn't do that to you, cousin. I'll be there in fifteen."

That gives me enough time to shave and shower.

I climb out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. I turn the taps on and set it to the temperature I like. I step into the shower. I lean my head back under the showerhead. I close my eyes as the water runs over my body. I step out of the water and put soap on a loafer. I quickly wash my body and hair. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body and a second one around my head. I exit the bathroom and look for the dress I brought to the shops today.

Damn, I left it downstairs.

I walk down the stairs in my towel. I walk over to the lounge and pick up two bags. As I'm heading towards the stairs I see my neighbour standing in front of my house with his mouth hanging open and he has a hard-on.

Oh, come on. I'm not even that naked. It's a good thing I had a towel wrapped around me.

Just then the front door opens and my cousin steps into the house.

I thought I locked that before I went to bed. Oh, well there's nothing I can do about it now.

Maddison closes the door and she smiles. "Are you the reason for your neighbour staring into the house?"

I nod. "It's not like I did a nudie run through my house. I was semi-clothed with a towel. I better go upstairs and finish getting ready for the Christmas Party. I drop the bags on the bed. I search through a bag for a pair of matching underwear."

Maddison enters my room and she looks at the bag. "You got some great undergarments there. I think you should wear red ones. I know you're not going to get any action tonight. So, why bother going with black."

I put the underwear on and then I slip into the red dress.

Maddison whistles. "Damn, you look hot. Colter is going to be distracted by your hotness all night."

I laugh. "Good, that's what I was going for." I move over to the vanity and sit in the seat.

Maddison curls my hair and then she lets the ringlet fall down my back. She applies make-up to my face. She puts it on lightly and it looks like I don't wear any make-up. She looks through the draw and she pulls out a red lip gloss. "You need to wear this tonight."

I put it on and then I pick up a black clutch and we exit the house. I climb into my car and I drive to the hotel.

Maddison looks at me. "How are we going to get home tonight?"

I shrug. "I don't think we are. Do you want to hire out a room at Hamilton Hotel?"

She nods. "Yeah, I heard the beds are better than the ones that most people have at home."

That wouldn't surprise me.

Forty minutes later, I pull my car into the hotel. A valet opens the passenger side door and the driver's side door. The guy extends his hand to me and I ignore it.

I don't need help getting out of my car.

The guy gives me a ticket and he takes my car away. I enter the hotel and wait in line for check-in.

I hope they have room.

I look around the room and I see that everything is gold. On the roof is a mural of Angels. Some are falling.

It's beautiful.

Maddison stands next to me. "This place is great. I can see why Colter chose this place for the Christmas Party. I wish he held parties like this before we left for Australia."

I look at her. "He did. At one of those parties was where I conceived Peta."

Her face falls and she has tears in her eyes. "OMG! I'm sorry, Lexi."

I shake my head. "You don't need to apologise. It's been too long since my daughter passed. Everyone should be able to talk about her without thinking about our emotions I get when she's brought up."

The line moves slowly.

I walk over to the woman behind the desk and ask. "Do you have any spare rooms for tonight?"

She taps something into the computer. She looks at me. "Yeah, but there's only the presidential suite available."

"I'll take it." I pull my card out and I give it to her.

She swipes the card and then she gives me a piece of paper to sign. She gives me two keys and I give one to Maddison. She gives me the card back and I put it in my bag. "Enjoy, your stay at Hamilton Hotel."

Maddison and I walk away. We look for the function room. A guy wearing the Hamilton uniform approaches us. He looks at me. "Can I help you find something?"

I nod. "I'm here for work Christmas Party. Can you tell me where the Function Room is?"

He licks his lips as he looks over my cousin. "I'll do you one better and show you to the room. I wouldn't want the guys to go after you two beautiful women."

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Maddison walks over to him and she touches his arm. "We'd love that." He shows us to the function room. He opens the door for us. "Have a great evening, ladies. If you need anything look for Harry."

"