Christmas Day Part I

I wake up with a massive headache and a horrible taste in my mouth.

Why did I have to drink so much last night?

I hear the front door open to the house.

It's probably Benson, sneaking into my house again.

I pull my blankets over my head and close my eyes.

The house is quiet for a couple of minutes until I hear squeak from the floorboards. I uncover my face and look at the door.

Colter is standing by the door with a glass of water. "I brought you some Tylenol and a glass of water." He places it on the bedside table. He sits on the bed next to me. "I remember how you would complain about a headache after a night of drinking."

I blink a couple of times and rub my eyes. He's really in our house. "How did you get in?"

He holds up a pair of keys. "I kept a spare set. When I got lonely and needed to remember what I lost with our daughter and you I would come here and look at the photos I kept on the walls. A month before you moved back I had to take them down. As I have up hope that you would come back."

I drag my hands through his dark locks. "You don't need to worry about that now. I'm not going anywhere again. I promise you that."

He smiles. "That's what I needed to hear, Lexi." He pulls something out of his pocket. "Merry Christmas." He places the small box wrapped gift in my hands.

I pull the wrapping paper off. I see a little box and I open it. Inside is a beautiful necklace with my daughter name on it. I take the necklace out and run my fingers across Peta. "Can you put this on me?"

He shakes his head. "I'll put it on after you've had a shower. You don't want your parents to see you like this."

He's right. I don't want them to see me like this.

I put the necklace on the table. There's something else in there. I pull it out and see a bracelet with my name on it. I hug Colter. "Thank you." I kiss his cheek.

Colter pushes the glass and tablets towards me. "Take them. Then have a shower. I'll make you breakfast while you get ready."

I take the tablets and then I make my way to the bathroom.

After my shower I step into my room with a towel wrapped around me

After my shower I step into my room with a towel wrapped around me. I look through the cupboard for something to wear. I pull out a pair of new jeans and match it with a new black long sleeved shirt and boots. I quickly get changed and then walk down stairs.

Colter turns around just as I enter the room. He smiles. "You look great."

I smile. "Thanks."

He puts food onto the plates and he takes the plates to the kitchen table. He walks back into the kitchen and picks up two cups he takes them over to the table.