Chapter 2

"Teachers pardon this interruption,

All drivers are now released, drive safely." said the intercom. I grabbed my Trumpet, put it in my case, grabbed it and my backpack and left.
Why am I taking it? I won't be able to practice since Jennifer is coming over.
Shit I have to--

"Hey slut" a smooth voice said laughing. I looked at her and smiled. She grabbed my arm and leaned on my shoulder.

The most perfect moment is every time we touched. I felt urges to just kiss her lips and hold her in my arms forever. It's a sense of butterflies that I could never feel but only felt by her.  

"Ready?" I said looking into her eyes.

"Yeah, but can we go to the store near here?" she asked in a smile looking back.

"Yeah, I wanted some Monster anyway"

After I paid for her giant urge to eat (she got hot cheetos, Cool Ranch Doritos, gummy bears, a starbucks and 2 monsters), we finally went to the parking lot and found Cody leaning of the hood of my car.
Oh look I have to burn my car now.

Cody was on his way to greet her.

"Hey sexy" he said in a trying-to-be-seductive voice.

"Hey" was all she could say.

"What are you doing hanging around this dyke?"

"Shut up Cody." She gave him like that don't-say-that-or-I'll-break-your-face look. I just stood and bit my cheek.

"Can you get off my-"

"Wanna go to the movies tonight?" His voice sounded like he wanted to be tough, completely cutting me off. He's the quarter back of the Varsity team here. Since we made it to State, it's a big deal. He's a big deal.
More like a big pile of shut your mouth and let me date your girlfriend cause you don't deserve her.

I didn't like him. I never did.

"I already made plans with Taylor" she looked at me and popped a smile. I started to blush since she said my name.

"Oh so your gonna choose that piece of shit over me?" His voice had change. Like a little kid's voice. Kinda like when they complain when they didn't get something.

"She's not a piece of shit Cody why can't you just let me be with my damn friends?" she was giving him an attitude.
"Friends"

"Cause I should always be your first choice"  he said trying to be sad.
Oh god, here we go about me trying to win you back.

They always fight like this. It's like Cody HAS to get it his way so he can be satisfied. He's a selfish prick that only dates girls for their looks. He's gullible in every way. He thinks he's so "cool and popular" just because he has good looks. He flirts with every girl in the Athletic department.

"You are. But damn I've planned this for days now. I'm not gonna give it up for a stupid movie that I don't even like" her voice was cracking, I could tell she was ready to cry right there. I wantd her to be in my arms and stay there, I knew she was safe with me. 

"We can g-"

"NO" she said. With tears in her eyes and looking at me with fire she hugged my arm. "Stay here, I want you to witness this."
Witness what?

"Cody, I am so sick of your shit. You know what?" she was up to his face on her tippy toes. The way her voice sounded like she was sick of him. Furious. She'd given him all the chances in the world and this was his final one. She sounded like she was done being hurt by him. By that monster she was dating. "You're a big pile of shit. I don't just don't care anymore. And I'm just so done with you."

Right then He gave her a cold look. Like he just got the most tragic news ever. The fury in his eyes said it all. Jennifer looked at him like he wasn't there: cold and harsh. After a few seconds, he slapped her face. Hard. You could tell because like I said, he's the quarter back. I felt the anger he felt rush in the blood of my veins. But not for the same reason..
He slapped her face.

She was on the floor and as he went to grab her, I kneed his side and pushed him to the floor. I got on top of him and started punching his face getting furious with every swing. He started getting bruises and blood and I was finally pushed off by some random guy and Jennifer.

"COME NEAR HER AGAIN AND I SWEAR I WILL RIP YOUR INTESTINES OUT AND FEED THEM TO RABID DOGS!" I yelled at him. He had a black eye, a bloody nose, and a scratch from my knuckle.

I shook that random guy off me. I grabbed Jennifer and went back to my car to drive off.