Chapter 12

I changed into the most hardcore emo liquid death metal outfit I owned. Which didn't help much. Straight styled Hollister jeans, a gray and black Vans snap back, black canvas Vans and a 'The Devil Wears Prada' shirt. No matter what, I still looked like a spoiled brat. I hopped in my car. My eyes drooping from exhaustion. I tried to squeeze in as much Calculus as I could in 2 hours.
I have to go. Don't bail on your girlfriend, Taylor.

I took a deep enough breath and drove to Cloe's house, stopping along the way to get gas and something to eat. I arrived 5 minutes late and everyone started to show up as well. I walked in to the sound of House Music blasting over the stereo with the bass as high as it can go. With the stench of sweat and sex in my nose, I went to the kitchen and saw Jennifer. She was serving drinks and saw me. She immediately stopped pouring the whiskey into a cup and ran to hug me.

"Hey baby"

"Hey princess"

She kissed my lips. I heard is "ooooooo's" and "damn's" from the crowd of guys and a few girls in the kitchen. She took the snap back off my head and put it on hers. I never realized she was wearing the same exact thing as me but she had a gray shirt instead of black and the pants she was wearing were girl's Hollister.

Cloe was on top of the counter drinking. She then yelled "let's bring this party to the back and into the pool!" Everyone cheered as if we all won a prize. The stampede of people rushed over the back door that lead outside. I lost Jennifer within a blink of an eye. I wondered across the crowd looking for her.

I couldn't find her.

Well, that's just great, you know. You come to a party for your girlfriend and you lose her.

I sat on the couch where Lane was and started playing Call Of Duty on the Playstation 3 they had while having a beer with a hint of vodka in it.

That sound's gross.

Eventually, it was 2 in the morning. The party was still going loud. A good crowd was there and I drank 3 beers, 2 bottles of water, and a cup of coffee. I still didn't see Jennifer. I was her ride home. I got up as soon as Lane left with Anna and went to the back where everyone was passed out wasted, making out, drawing on people's faces, or walking around drunk. I finally spotted Cloe. I ran up to her, pretty sure she's startled I'm still here.

"What's up, Max?"

Cloe and I have been friends since Pre k. Best friends at that. But as we grew older, we drifted away and lost our connection, but she always called me max because she thought it was cool.

"I was wondering if you've seen Jennifer."

"Last time I checked, she went upstairs to my parents room I think-"

I quickly ran faster than I ever could. I skipped steps up to not awaken the drunken teenagers in the hallway that were half naked. I opened the first door on the right..

To see them.

I wished the steps on that foyer would have been so much more longer. Minus all the bodies. That I would never reach that room or open it to them.

With his junk on what's mine.

Her face in pleasure.

I mustered my strength. I crushed the air in my mouth with my teeth. I walked to push Cody off of Jennifer.

"Jennifer, what the hell?" I almost shouted.

"oh shit I fucked up didn't I?"

"Tsk. Yeah, you did. Looks like you're walking home tonight."

I walked off. I heard her trying to put her clothes on as she cried trying find an explanation to what's she's done.

But I just didn't want to hear her excuse. 

I was right to be scared. 

I was right to be worried.

I was right about her. 

She was just another popular girl.

And I was just something she was having fun with.